Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie looking for a good Chicagoan, Help me check out a Winy City 914
mistro
post May 13 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,786
Region Association: None

I need some help from a Chicago member. I've discovered a 74 914 2.0 in Chicago that might be THE car. Unfortunately, I'm near NYC and there is no way I can get out there this weekend or next week, and frankly the collective knowledge on this BBS far exceeds what I could do on my own. Is there anyone who could take a serious look/drive at a 914 on the northside? I'd be appreciative and of course would reimburse you for your time and expenses. Only requirements are your honest opinion and some digital pics, the owner, while a nice guy seems to be a bit of a luddite. Thanks. Rgds, Michael 914.720.8300
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
blonde914
post May 13 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #2

SHERRY

Member No.: 1,630

Michael, let me know the details and I'll see what we can do. I can at least have Scott look it over for rust and how the engine runs. Have a digital camera and I can get you some pictures. If we test drive it we should be able to tell if it shifts and drives right, etc. I am pretty good with original equiptment and so on from reading these threads and books on these cars. Let us know what you are looking for. Is it on e-bay?

E-mail me where and so on and I'll see what we can do to help.
srwoolever@hotmail.com

Sherry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
mistro
post May 13 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #3

Sherry, Thanks! I'll email you particulars tomorrow. The owner will certainly let you and/or Scott drive it. No it's not on ebay, as I mentioned he's a bit technologically challenged and frankly I think he is ambivalent about selling. The main reason he's selling is his Porsche mechanic for the last 20 or so years retired last month and moved to Florida! He's nearing retirement too and just "doesn't want to start the process again". I see a bit of Gail Sheey's Passages here. Anyway a 3 owner 914, with an engine rebuild 40K miles ago and as he discribes it a near total restoration about 5 years ago for $6900. At least as he discribes the car, its a buy but I need your eyes there. He's around tomorrow for a bit then away for the weekend but is available Sunday after the White Sox's game or anytime next week. Again, appreciate your help. Regards, Michael
+Quote Post
mistro
post May 15 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Sherry, Yough day today, garage sale from hell. Tomorrow morning AIDS walk in NYC. I'll email you particulars tomorrow night. My guy isn't in till then anyway. Cheers! Michael
+Quote Post
mistro
post May 18 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Sherry, Just wanted to make sure you got my email with the particulars. I'm worried, the guy is getting ansy. If you can't make it there any body else available? If not, any repair/appraisalcompanies on the North Side that anyone would care to recommend? Rgds, Michael 914.720.8300
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 12:49 AM