Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steve's Porsche shop in Orange, CA closing up, Says he has lots of good 914 parts
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 29 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I have posted this on Steve's behalf to help him out. He is not that familiar with the online forums, and is retiring. His daughter is helping liquidate his inventory.

He is a former 914/6 racer and seems to know these cars well, says he has lots of 914/4 and 914/6 parts, incl NOS

Steve Aven

Orange CA

714 349 8911

steve556@aol.com

Contact him directly.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 30 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Jeff, you might help them understand the realities of pricing their 914 parts stock on evilbay, since everything I've seen so far has been way over dealer price for most of the NOS items still available, as well as for recent prices on NLA items in NOS.

Sad to see him leave, but I understand his health issues are serious.
+Quote Post
avidfanjpl
post May 2 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #3

914 Hemophiliac

Member No.: 11,566
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hey Jeff,

I have to agree with Tom. Prices are not at market. I know his inventory well, as I have been through the place 3 times touring what was available with his manager. Some interesting stuff, but not that interesting at NOS prices, and not really being NOS. Truly, most of the stuff has not been touched in years.

Not that there isn't a fair set of jewels to be discovered!

It may be very hard for his daughter to figure things out. I offered to help inventory and list the stuff on 914World when Steve the manager was still there in 2010.

I tried an experiment in 2010, because I knew less then than now. One of the nicest things he has is a set of 914-6 GT trailing arms and brakes with stiffening plates. Painted black, and pretty nice setup.

The sell price was about triple the estimated value from people on here. I gave up at seeing that last year. I heard from several old hands here that the price was off the charts.

He has that Orange 914-6 racecar, and several other cars on premise that are rollers. Not sure what is even left right now. Did he close the shop or is the new mechanic still working there?

It is truly sad that Steve Aven is not well, but it will be some feat to untangle what the items are really worth.

SoCal Andy knows the shop quite well. Maybe he knows more about it?

Steve has more 356 stuff than I have ever seen in 1 place.

John Lewis

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 30 2011, 07:50 PM) *

Jeff, you might help them understand the realities of pricing their 914 parts stock on evilbay, since everything I've seen so far has been way over dealer price for most of the NOS items still available, as well as for recent prices on NLA items in NOS.

+Quote Post
stevesnorange
post May 3 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #4

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 13,007
Region Association: None

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 2 2011, 03:52 PM) *

Hey Jeff,

I have to agree with Tom. Prices are not at market. I know his inventory well, as I have been through the place 3 times touring what was available with his manager. Some interesting stuff, but not that interesting at NOS prices, and not really being NOS. Truly, most of the stuff has not been touched in years.

Not that there isn't a fair set of jewels to be discovered!

It may be very hard for his daughter to figure things out. I offered to help inventory and list the stuff on 914World when Steve the manager was still there in 2010.

I tried an experiment in 2010, because I knew less then than now. One of the nicest things he has is a set of 914-6 GT trailing arms and brakes with stiffening plates. Painted black, and pretty nice setup.

The sell price was about triple the estimated value from people on here. I gave up at seeing that last year. I heard from several old hands here that the price was off the charts.

He has that Orange 914-6 racecar, and several other cars on premise that are rollers. Not sure what is even left right now. Did he close the shop or is the new mechanic still working there?

It is truly sad that Steve Aven is not well, but it will be some feat to untangle what the items are really worth.

SoCal Andy knows the shop quite well. Maybe he knows more about it?

Steve has more 356 stuff than I have ever seen in 1 place.

John Lewis

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 30 2011, 07:50 PM) *

[b][font=Impact][color=#CC0000]
Hello 914 World!!! This is Stephanie Aven, Steve's Daughter who is currently helping him inventory the vast amount of porsche and vw parts we have at the shop. It is true we may be closing here very soon because my father has been sick with MS and Steve Hirsh who previously left to move back east is no longer at the shop so things have been hard for us all. However currently we are still in business and we have mechanic Tyler Nelson and Trevor Birch working at the shop. In addition my boyfriend and I are assisting with sales of all parts and cars. For those of you who may know my father he can also be found at the shop on Tuesdays or by appointment if you email or contact him on his cell phone.

Building porsches has been my dads life passion and even though he is sick he still knows what is best and has been a very reasonable business man in his 31 years of business. This has been a very hard time for him being that he is not able to keep doing what he loves and I really appreciate all who have supported him in the past 31 years and now that we are not certain as to what the future brings. Special thanks to Dan Callicott who always came on these forums and helped promote my father, Dan may you rest in peace...I know my father misses you much. Also Thank you to Jeff who posted this thread and made me aware that this website existed.

If there is anything you are interested or would like to contact my father here is our contact information. If you see something you feel is overpriced please do speak with my father as you never know he just may cut ya a great deal, He is a nice guy afterall.

Stephanie Aven 323 373 8243
Steve Aven 714 349 8911
Steves Independent Repair 714 637 1234
120 W. Lincoln Ave. Orange CA 92865

Much Respect to you all and Thank You!!!
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post May 3 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

e-mail sent to Steve. Sorry to hear about his leaving the business due to illness.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:01 AM