Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2004 East Coast Ramble, Site is finally up
Kerrys914
post Jun 1 2004, 05:39 AM
Post #21

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

E-mail has been sent
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Jun 1 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #22

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,934

Mike, Am I reggied now? I got emails from you about the problems but you never told me I all set. I assume I am but want to make sure, I don't want to miss it!
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Jun 1 2004, 07:43 PM
Post #23

Mahna Mahna!

Member No.: 847

Kerry and Jim you are both all set!! I am moving the site this week to another server and service as the "free" AOL bs isn't working out as planned. I'm working on getting a mailing out for this week and sending out a bunch of updates by the end of the week!

My best,
Mike D.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Jun 2 2004, 09:04 AM
Post #24

Thanks Mike
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Jun 5 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #25

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

BTTT

Well, I finally asked Amy if we could go. We'll see what happens, but Aug 27 is our 10th wedding anniversary. We'll think about it and I'll hope for the best.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 5 2004, 07:45 PM
Post #26

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 5 2004, 05:20 PM)
Aug 27 is our 10th wedding anniversary. We'll think about it and I'll hope for the best.

i looked over the page highlighting the hotel and it looks like a really nice place; i wouldn't mind spending any anniversary in a place like that.

i know i'd be glad to be with Joy doing something she likes on a special day, so we can hope Amy feels the same for you. looking forward to seeing you both there ...

(i registered Joy and me today ... we'll be there...)
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jun 5 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #27

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

When I made my reservation they informed me the price break was at the lodge and not the inn. Can someone confirm this???

The inn looks great and the Lodge looks fine but just not as nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'll still be there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers
Kerry
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Jun 6 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #28

Mahna Mahna!

Sadly it's true, we are in the lodge not the Inn. The Inn didn't have enough rooms to hold us. It's very very popular with wedding parties. Hmm I can see the papers now: Bridesmaids abducted by twin trunk drivers!

The lodge is nice though and it is right next to the Inn.

Updating the sponsors and news section tonight and sending out a masss email to everyone thats registered so far.

My best to all!
Mike D.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Jun 6 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #29

Ooooooo Bridesmaids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Jun 6 2004, 08:34 PM
Post #30

Mahna Mahna!

And given the tendency to drink in the evenings at the Ramble the Bridesmaids may be in trouble!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 10 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #31

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

The Zone 7 autocross school (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) is that same weekend. So now I have to choose between helping the local folks learn to properly flog their cars, and hanging around and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) with the East Coast guys! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This is not the sort of decision I like making, I feel like either way I lose...

--DD
+Quote Post
jarbuthnot
post Jun 10 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #32

Senior Woman Driver

Member No.: 1,065

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 10 2004, 07:02 PM)
, and hanging around and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) with the East Coast guys! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'll buy you a beer or two if you come to the ECR. Hell, I'll even let you have some of my bourbon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
jarbuthnot
post Jun 10 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #33

Senior Woman Driver

Member No.: 1,065

Sparky

I've registered and e-mailed you some time ago, but haven't heard anything. Should I register again?
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 10 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #34

rich herzog

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 10 2004, 03:02 PM)
...I have to choose between helping the local folks learn to properly flog their cars, and hanging around and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) with the East Coast guys!

i heard rumblings of an AX associated with the ECR...

why on earth would you want to teach your competition how to beat you?
or it could just be an insidious plot to mis-teach people so you can beat them later :-) ...

anyway - if it were a HSDS, i could understand it, but i think if i had a chance to be with people i could join once a year, that's what i would do.

oh, wait - that is what i'm doing ...
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Jun 10 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #35

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

What's this? AX @ ECR? I'd better keep that quiet if I want ANY chance to attend.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 10 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #36

rich herzog

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 10 2004, 05:16 PM)
What's this? AX @ ECR?

Paul Heery raised the possibility back on Page One - a local group has an event already scheduled ...
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Jun 11 2004, 06:03 AM
Post #37

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jun 10 2004, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 10 2004, 05:16 PM)
What's this? AX @ ECR?

Paul Heery raised the possibility back on Page One - a local group has an event already scheduled ...

I've had a couple of people contact me about this. So, here are some particulars.

1.) I am a member of the Fairfield County Sports Car Club. We have a regularly scheduled autocross on Sunday, August 29th. Unfortunately, I am not able to attend the ECR, but I will be at the AX on Sunday.

2.) This autocross is not affiliated with the East Coast Ramble. However, we are a friendly bunch and gladly welcome all participants.

3.) The AX site is located in Waterbury, CT at the Naugatuck Valley Community College. It is located right off I-84 and is about an hour from the ECR hotel. Directions can be found at the bottom of this page

4.) The cost is $20 per driver. You will normally get 5-6 timed runs and we leave ample time for fun runs at the end. It will cost you $2 per fun run.

5.) We do not pre-register for our events. You have to show up, fill out a simple form and pay your money. Registration is open until 10:00. So, if it was a late night at the ECR, you may still be able to make it. We have a good neighbor policy so first-car-off is normally not until between 10:30 and 11:00.

6.) We run a muffled event. So, if your car is too loud, you may be told to put a sock in it.

7.) We run and class according to SCCA rules.

8.) There are places nearby to get food, but you must leave the site. There is a McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and others down the road. The Electric Car Club from the college is on-site selling coffee, cold drinks and some snacks.

9.) We run rain or shine.

10.) If there is enough interest from this group, I will volunteer to be the club's Event Chairman for this AX. That would give me the abilty to designate a 914 area in the paddock and more importantly, design an AX course that would be a great layout for 914s.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 11 2004, 07:16 AM
Post #38

rich herzog

QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jun 11 2004, 04:03 AM)
3.) The AX site is located in Waterbury, CT at the Naugatuck Valley Community College. It is located right off I-84 and is about an hour from the ECR hotel.

7.) We run and class according to SCCA rules.

10.) If there is enough interest from this group...

i think there's a "9:14" breakfast slated for Sunday, but maybe we could arrange to have that trackside ... i hate the thought of being on the road before 0800 on a Sunday, but as soon as someone says "track day" the epinephrine kicks in and i'm up ...

i have no idea how my car would be classed per SCCA these days. does your club support the Open Street Prepared class? since i'm just targeting DE prep i haven't even glanced at a rulebook lately ... not that it matters - a 2,2-L LWB 911 is gonna be toast on a 914 course ...

pls consider this an indication of interest - it looks like it'll be our only AX this year...

i'm just hoping i'll have time to finish off the 911 after resurrecting the Subie ...
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Jun 11 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #39

Mahna Mahna!

Joan sorry you are all set. I've been a little crunched here. I've sold my house, am remodeling the new one. To top that off I am leaving the company I am with and going to a different one. Ohh and the icing, the secret weapon I had for the ohhh and ahhh crowd at the ramble has fallen thru. I was taking my rust free shell, yes rust free, and having rabbit flares welded on and having the whole shell pwder coated as part of my 6 conversion. The welder had a nervous breakdown (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) and I just dont have time to finish this up for the ramble. So I'm bringing my b-car instead.

Dave you have to be here. Who else can judge the flaming shot contests? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Who else would we get to point out the flaws in our "pristine" east coast cars? :unsure:Besides we share the same birthday with Ed V. the three of us have to have a belated drink together!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif) Is it working......

Hey aside from all that I'm still sane!! Just ask my rice crispies they told me so this morning!

My best to all!
Mike D. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Jun 11 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #40

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

have no idea how my car would be classed per SCCA these days. does your club support the Open Street Prepared class?

Dude, you are so screwed. I went to look up where your 911 would be classed and assumed that it would be in a Prepared class because of your comments. The SCCA is not kind to Porsches and 911s in particular. You would be running in ASP along with the prepared Corvettes, BMW Ms, Vipers, Honda S200s.

Good luck. You'll need it.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:10 AM