Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It begins . . ., summahh of 914
type11969
post Dec 13 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Guess I didn't make myself clear, got the fender off about a week ago, did some cleaning today. It took me a damn long time to get the fender off, a PO decided to braze a replacement fender on along the door jamb and along the weatherstripping channel in the trunk. Oh yeah, it was also pop riveted on along the sail. Below is the pic of the carnage resulting from having to get all that braze out, I'm thinking about cutting that whole strip off and replacing it with metal from a junk trunk lid that I have (should have close to the right contour). So if you ever think about brazing something on, think about the people down the road that may have to deal with that repair. Will you please think about the children???!?

Anyay, I have to give some respect for the wound wire wheel in the picture above, that thing absolutely dominates. The paint, seam sealer, and surface rust stripped off in the after picture was done tonight in abotu one half hour . . . not too shabby. My arms are feeling it though, better than going to the gym. Once that thing gets spinning it is tough to turn it from side to side, just like the old spinning bike wheel experiment. Tis a lot of rotating inertia.

-Chris

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 13 2004, 08:46 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

oh, and if you are wondering why I am not working directly on the hell hole, it is because I am keeping my fingers crossed for some sheet metal from R-D for christmas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:49 AM