Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plug wires
Bullet
post May 30 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,940

I drove my 914 for the first time this afternoon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Only went 2 blocks and back. still doesnt run perfect yet. But i did finally Drive it. It seems to studder a little bit then it picks up fine and goes. I have replaced every injector, every componet of the ignition system exect for the plugwires. and all vaccum hoses are new and belived to be routed correctly. So I kinda suspect the wires to have high internal resisatnce. Does any one know the Specs for resistance on the Plug wires? Any help would be greatly apreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post May 30 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Old wires will also short out to the sheetmetal if they are just laying on the metal. Use some of those stand off brackets and the plastic wire holders.

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:10 AM