Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> http://www.johnbtires.com/, Anybody used this tire source
RON S.
post May 25 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #1

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Group: Members
Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience buying track tires from this source. Good or Bad.

This source only sells used track tires. Prices are very reasonable. The area code listed is NYC.

http://www.johnbtires.com/

Ron

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jjackson
post May 25 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,246
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RON S. @ May 25 2011, 06:16 PM) *

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience buying track tires from this source. Good or Bad.

This source only sells used track tires. Prices are very reasonable. The area code listed is NYC.

Ron

Never used this source for used rubber.The last two times that we tried used rubber, they corded at next event due to previous competitor having terrible setup or they were just completely stupid.Tires looked good.Really depends on the previous guy that is running your size.A good source for your size is really valuable for buget racer.Are you mounting yourself?JJackson
In the late 80s and early 90s-would drive 150 miles each way to pick up R1 BFGsfor $50.00 a set-My first new sety were yokohama A008Rs because they would make it all season.
+Quote Post
RON S.
post May 26 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #3

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(jjackson @ May 25 2011, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(RON S. @ May 25 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Ron

Never used this source for used rubber.The last two times that we tried used rubber, they corded at next event due to previous competitor having terrible setup or they were just completely stupid.Tires looked good.Really depends on the previous guy that is running your size.A good source for your size is really valuable for buget racer.Are you mounting yourself?JJackson
In the late 80s and early 90s-would drive 150 miles each way to pick up R1 BFGsfor $50.00 a set-My first new sety were yokohama A008Rs because they would make it all season.

Yes, I'd definitely mount the tires myself. I'm just looking for a source to get some tires for a few DE events a year. I'm not to keen on spending a grand or more on tires just to go to 3-4 events a year.
Ron
+Quote Post
Randal
post May 26 2011, 08:45 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(RON S. @ May 25 2011, 04:16 PM) *

Ron

I've bought lots of tires from John Berget (262) 740-0180 and everything he has sent was steller.

At first I thought that maybe John (JohnB) had a new website, but after looking I don't think so.

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 26 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #5

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

I have had mixed results with him. Some great tires and some not so great. But he is an excellent source.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post May 28 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 391

I used John as a tire source for many years. Ask him to check the sidewalls near the tread area in bright sun for any blue color or scrubbing signs and pass on those.
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Jun 4 2011, 04:21 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,985

Hmmm ... never heard of johnbtires.com. I'm interested though since I live near NY City.

I've also bought several sets of tires from Berget, and have always been satisfied.

Scott
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jun 4 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #8

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

I've made a lot of used tires but never bought any. I think sold one used set....cheep. In retrospect, I didn't feel too good about myself and never did it again. Gave some away later.
Used tires are marginally better than jackstands.
+Quote Post
cary
post Jun 4 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

All of the budget minded folks that used slicks in Montana for AX used Berget. I ended up using the guy on Ebay. Usdirtires or something like that.
Same as John. Stands behind what he's sent you. If for some reason you get a bad one, he'll send you another.
I was going to buy a set of R6's for July and August. But I'm spending the summer rustoring instead. Taking the year off.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:31 AM