Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Honorary WCC 2004 Attendees, Sean Lee, Rusty and Dave Cawdrey
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 6 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

This thread is to give a big 914Club acknowldegement to Sean, Lawrence and Dave. Please add to it as you feel inspired. None of these gentlemen were able to attend the WCC for various reasons, but we know each of them very much wanted to be here and would have been here if at all possible. We missed your participation.

Sean, you played an extremely important role in putting the 914 WCC 2004 together and we wanted to publically recognize your contribution. Besides being behind the scenes from tthe beginning to the end, he took care of website issues, the event graphics, the T-shirts and any number of other crisis large and small. And from a computer somewhere far removed from the Bay Area no less.

Lawrence and Dave...Our thoughts are with you guys. You both have daily battles larger than we can imagine, yet you have been such an important part of our 914 community. Keep hope alive and we can only hope to see both of you again soon.

We will be sending each of these three Honorary Attendees a 914 WCC 2004 Goodie Bag just as each of the attendees received including T-shirts, a numbered Rallye Shield and other souvenirs from the event.

We wish you and your families the best...until our 914 paths cross again...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 6 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

hear hear !
well done !
+Quote Post
richardL
post Jun 6 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 201

Thanks for everything you have done.

Thanks for inspiring us and setting our own 'issues' in a proper scale and context with the attitude you display every day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Richard
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Jun 6 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

Just got home from three of the best Porsche related days in recent memory, teeners everywhere, and we owe you guys a debt of gratitude for helping make it happen. It's a damn shame that you couldn't be a part of the fun. We all missed you guys. NOW, next year, no excuses, you need this....we all needed this. Thanks again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 6 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

ditto! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Lawrence, keep your head down will'ya? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
Dave, keep your head up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
Sean, keep your pants on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

thanks to everyone ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jun 6 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Attn: jeff Bowsley

Congratulations to you & all your associates for the this years successful WCC event.
You set a high water mark for future events.

You are one of our leaders and we thank you for making our beloved 914 the sports car everyone wants in their garage.

Tom (Michgian)
P.S.
Can't wait to see more pictures & names along side their cars. It would be nice to put a face with the name.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 6 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #7

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

okay you guys that were there - you've seen in person how it's supposed to be done.

who's going to step up and volunteer to be on the organising committee for the 2005 event ?

you've seen the results - only those on the ALL VOLUNTEER organising committee know the hundreds of options and plans that were brought up, considered, and discarded in order to stage an event that was actually POSSIBLE rather than a grandiose event that was NOT. from my perspective and from all reports it was a GREAT event.

attendees must realize that NOTHING that happened was the way it was FOR NO REASON.

everyone who was even a little involved with this year's event already believes me when i say it is NOT TOO EARLY to begin work on next year's event.

PCA Parades have an event-planning and organisational pipeline THREE YEARS LONG.

for instance - just one of the events we wanted to do was a track day at a "big" track. track days are contracted WAY in advance and they are EXPENSIVE. it CAN be done - but not funded from entry fees alone. it will require corporate sponsorship and the BEST time to start working on that is NOW that there is 'buzz' and momentum from this year's event.

i hope all of you who were actually able to attend will write up a one-page report about what a GREAT event it was and what a GREAT time you had and SEND IT to your home PCA Region newsletter editor. get people excited NOW about wanting to put it on next year's calendar!

i would -hope- that next year's event can be done with some participation and involvement from the PCA 914 SIG program, which will make it A LOT easier to get Panorama interested.

i will continue to be happy to participate in organizing committee efforts from my way-too-remote location. way too early to know if i can attend any west-coast event next year, but in the back of mind i have a goal of having my car running in time for 9/14/06 ...
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 6 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #8

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Thanks Jeff & Everyone!

I think the rush that was felt in the Bay Area and transferred all over the world via your pictures and stories got everyone else excited. I know I could feel that and Effingham, IL felt it as well during the Funfest '04. Teeners were out in force.

Fall Folliage Classic planning got underway this weekend. If anyone would like to volunteer for the planning committee let me know, we can use your help. This year's FFC hopes to offer attendees something that other area events can't. More later. Sorry for the hi-jack.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the WCC. Look for a Caravan to WCC '05 from the midwest. We will be there in numbers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 6 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #9

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

Dave, Lawrence, Sean--thanks for being a part of the event. You were all thought of, and all missed. Despite whatever kept you away, we know you were there in spirit. And Lawrence, I hope you get a chuckle out of the last Tech Quiz question--you should recognize it!

--DD
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jun 6 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #10

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

The engines are now quiet and the voices stilled,
The memories of the days are still a thrill,
Some came dressed in finery and some came tattered,
The fact that they all ran was all that mattered.

Old friends I saw, new friends I made,
For those days, the world was our stage,
For those who dreamed and created the reality,
I can only thank and thank very meaningfully.

The 70+ cars, I'm sure each have a soul that was to be,
Seeing their sisters and brothers alive gave them glee,
Fail their owners not was their creed,
And the dream came to be.

The rumble of the fours far out numbered the others,
But the sixes roared and the eights thundered,
And all in all the sounds blended graciously,
And created a song, a beautiful song of harmony.

I stand in awe of the sights I have seen,
100+ smiles giving off a gleam,
And for those who could not make it there,
Thoughts of you filled our minds and scented the air.

Ok, Ok, this attempt I will quit,
But it's stuck in my mind, just giving me fits,
So this post, I will just in this way end,

This has to happen again

+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jun 6 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Slits.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Dave~ we wish you could have been there with us. I would have loved to meet you this weekend. I'm sure you'd have my AX time beat with your wheelchair! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Rusty~ Thank you for working so we could play this weekend. We all appreciate what you and yours are doing. But hopefully next year you can come out, and bring Pam with. She can start a mentoring program for toolwenches! Please be safe over there.

Sean~ After all the work you've put into this event, I still can't believe you couldn't make it! At least I got to meet you last year. Your hats were in full representation this weekend (although I still saw many burnt scalps) and we all missed you very much. Please come out to play next year!

Thanks everyone! By far the most fun (and exhausting) weekend I've ever had! I loved every moment of it!

Jen
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jun 6 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #12

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I wish I could have made it... Sometimes the priorities just get in the way.

I'm all up for sponsorship again next year, and next time I will be there.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 7 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #13

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Dave, Sean, Rusty,

Thanks for all you have done for this site and for the event, Your efforts did not go unnoticed!

OH ya, Thanks for getting me out of studying for my finals next week!! (Who needs those things eh?)

Andrew
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 7 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #14

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

All the best things to you and yours. We missed you all and thought about you throughout the weekend.

To Lawrence, We missed you. Take care of yourself and be safe.

To Sean: Thank you for the help planning one of the best events that ever hit the left coast. This would have been a great event but your efforts made it outstanding!

Specially Dave, You inspire me. I look forward to seeing your posts. I always read what you post here. That way I know your doing alright. Thanks for being part of the 914 Club. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 7 2004, 02:54 AM
Post #15

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Thank you, everyone. I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

There are days that this is very challenging. But the biggest challenge doesn't come from what we are asked to do; it comes from what we are asked to do without. No, I don't mean sleep or food. We miss the ones we love, we miss our homeland, and we miss the things that are dear to us. Birthdays, holidays, and one of a kind events like the WCC.

Leading young Americans in combat is perhaps the highest privledge that can be bestowed upon a man. The fact that familes entrust to me their most cherished posession: their loved ones, is an awesome honor and responsibility. Perhaps my commander, the same one who wrote the funny memo about toolboxes, said it best:

There are people out there who would like to see you and your soldiers killed in a thousand different and equally shitty and irreversable ways.  The only thing that stands between them and achieving that goal is leaders who are on the ground, continually checking the small stuff; leaders that know their soldiers, that train their soldiers, that are sharing the same hardships; leaders that aren't afraid to make a correction, that will stand up and take responsibility, that will be the one who is accountable; leaders who understand that the American public has entrusted us with what they hold most valuable - their children, their husbands and wives, their parents.  They are counting on us to do our jobs well and bring them safely back home.

Keep doing what you do so well, we wouldn't be this far along if each of you weren't competent strong leaders, committed to these soldiers.  But don't stop, don't ever stop.  Know, check, correct and train.  

Know your soldiers, talk to them, encourage them, be proud of them, be tough on them, be tougher on yourself, celebrate with them when they succeed, help them to overcome what they fail at, kick them in the ass when they need it, treat them with respect and accept nothing less than the same in return, thank them - a lot; most of all, take care of them.

This weekend, a great American hero passed on. This man, and his confidence in the shining light of our Republic, changed the world. I see no less in the men and women that I have the privledge to lead.

Thank you again for your support and kind words.

-Lawrence

P.S. Dave... I have no idea what quiz you're talking about.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 7 2004, 06:37 AM
Post #16

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Hey man, when are you coming home? It's been quite a while already. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 7 2004, 06:46 AM
Post #17

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I don't know. This fall, I hope. Before Christmas, I'm sure.

-L
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jun 7 2004, 07:25 AM
Post #18

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

"A Great Event" such as this will go down in history. Is this the biggest gathering of 914's ever? I know I've never seen this many (and it was just because of the pics) supplied by the greatest people drivin the greatest cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) I'm not surprised that the WCC was a success. After what was done for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) in the past year, an event where what we all love to do, had to come to fruition because of a lot of people that like to have fun with cars, friends & "family" and that's what we are, Family.

I hope that I can make it to next years event and help out with whatever.

I hope next years event will be a couple weeks later cuz my vacation plans are already set in stone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif).

Thanks to all that made this happen.

Thanks to all that love (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) 914's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

.........b
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 7 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #19

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 7 2004, 12:54 AM)
P.S. Dave... I have no idea what quiz you're talking about.

You will... Unless Jeff and I have f--ed up on our coordinating of things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jun 7 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #20

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

Thanks to all you guys, the event was great.
Ferg.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:55 PM