Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cylinder head rebuilding
SKL1
post May 30 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Now that the chassis is at the body shop, I've got the engine torn down and am about ready to split the case. '73 2.0. Engine had about 68K miles on it- not doing anything crazy but will put in a carb specific cam and then just a general refreshing with new jugs, bearings etc.
Any recommendations on who to go over the cylinder heads (new guides, valves, re-seating the valve angles, etc)? Looking over Raby's website it looks like he just sells you new heads- don't really think I need that- I'm not trying to make some fire-eatting dragon, just a good reliable driver.
TIA- rebuilt my original 1971 914's engine about 20 years ago so I've forgotten all my sources from back then. Most probably aren't in business anymore anyway! I'm the original owner of that car and it will stay in the family forever...

It's fun to work on my other 914, a '73 2.0. I've known the car since it was a year old- a dear friend had it since then and when he died of a rare cardiac condition a few years ago, his widow gave it to me to safeguard! Unfortunately it had been sitting idle for nearly 15 years so it's been quite a project. But it's a labor of love...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:39 PM