Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCC Autocross Results
skline
post Jun 7 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #21

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Thanks Demick,
I went back through and looked at where I would be in the list and it made me feel better knowing I beat Dave Darlings times (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) To me, that is an accomplishment. Considering its my first AX in a 914, second total, ( I got to do 2 runs at the Mazda Rev-it-up) it makes me feel good. Seeing it in print would just be a plus.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 7 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #22

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I just keep telling myself that today's going to be the day that I beet my dad...

Never is..

Sigh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If I had my 914 there on the other hand... then that would be a whole different story!!!!

Demick, Thanks for making this course, I wish there where more tight courses made, it makes for some fun throttle oversteer!!! (especially with hoosers up front and street tires in the back on a 944 turbo..).

Thanks
Andrew
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 7 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #23

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 7 2004, 07:31 PM)
was just one of the mysteries I had to try and unravel. Thanks for your patience.

send me the HTML and i'll fix my post ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
ynotdd
post Jun 8 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 140

What is fun class?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 8 2004, 06:34 AM
Post #25

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Several of the AX award winners were not present at the Awards Ceremony to claim their trophy. I have the following trophies and will see that you receive them right away:

Stock Class:
1st place: Darren Doud
2nd place: Nathan Breitling
3rd place: Benjamin Guyot

Improved Class:
3rd place: Rich Bontempi
+Quote Post
Demick
post Jun 8 2004, 09:06 AM
Post #26

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

There have been some questions about how we broke the cars up into classes. Below are the rules that we used to divide up the Stock, Improved, and Race classes. Most everyone answered an autocross questionnaire which asked the appropriate questions and I assigned each car a class based on that. These rules were posted at the registration table, but I doubt many people paid attention to them. At the Friday breakfast I had these rules and the list of all of the cars with their classifications and numbers that I had hoped to be able to display and discuss with anyone interested, but there simply wasn't time.

The rules are loosely based on the GGR car classifications, but highly simplified to only include a few key items - such as tires, engine, and weight reduction. Were the rules perfect? No. Could we improve them? Absolutely. But my goal for the rules was to only create 3 classes for competition based on a very simple set of criteria. Anytime you try and classify a wide varitey of cars into only 3 categories, some cars will be advantaged, and some will be disadvantaged. There is no way around it.

My other goal in the classifications was to evenly distribute the cars that participated. It doesn't do any good to have 3 classes when 90% of the cars end up in one of the classes. Based on the questionnaire, we signed up 20 cars in stock, 21 in improved, and 20 in race class. Couldn't ask for a better distribution than that.

In hindsight, yes, I would have changed a few things. But you can't change the rules after the fact to suit the results. On the whole, I think it worked very well and I would only make minor changes if I had it to do over again.

Demick

STOCK:
Tires:
Street tires with wear rating of 120 or higher AND width of 205mm or less

Engine:
Stock engine displacement and compression ratio
Stock intake and fuel system (914-4's must have stock fuel injection)

Car:
Car must be licensed and street legal.
No significant change in vehicle from stock weight (no fiberglass lids or bumpers, must have full interior)

IMPROVED:
Tires:
Street tires with wear rating of 120 or higher AND width of greater than 205mm
OR
Competition tires (AKA: DOT-R tires) with a width of 205mm or less

Engine:
Engine displacement up to 2.0 Liters (Porsche motor only).
Compression ratio no more than .5 points (euro pistons) over stock ratio.
Carbs allowed.
No Turbos (everyone knows you can't turbo a 914 anyway)

Car:
Must be street legal
Fiberglass bumpers OK, but no other major weight reduction (no fiberglass lids, not stripped interior)

RACE:
Tires:
Anything goes

Engine:
Anything goes

Car:
Anything goes

FUN:
Fun class is for non-914's and for those who are not registered for the West Coast Classic (such as GGR Instructors)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:17 AM