Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I hate those Cayennes, I want a catchy window sticker
dinomium
post Jun 9 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #21

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

so, should we also rant on about Tractors, airplanes and briefcases? Dont get me wrong, I am not a big fan of the SUV (landrover is the ONLY one IMHO) but Porsche is a company that needs to MAKE MONEY!
Oh, and the FASTEST cars in the WORLD were (and in testing still are) automatic and FIA madated that F/1 be semi auto!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jun 9 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

people who complain about SUV's are retarded.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 9 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #23

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jun 8 2004, 03:46 PM)
I saw a women driving one the other day. The Cayenne, that is - the "abomination that causes desolation". This women wasn't hot looking, she wasn't even a soccer mom. Just a big cow driving the beast. I thought to myself, man, I wish I had a window sticker on the back of my 914 that would put down the Cayenne in some way. I hate those cars. Remember when all Porsches were stick, and that was enough to keep women out of them? That was when men were men, and women were women. Now, everything is screwed up. I know I am probably upsetting the women on this forum who drive 914s, but I don't mean to. Any girl willing to drive and put up with a 914 has erned the right to drive one. It is these other types I can't stand. That is the problem with Porsche - it is a company that is enscaunched in tradition. It attracts people who love tradition, and it also attracts people who have so much money that they screw up traditions. The 914 is more in line with the Porsche tradition than the Cayenne will ever be.

Just had to vent.

I had to get in on this post too! So are you referring to times before Porsche's Sportomatic tranny? Porsche has always tried to appeal to some segment of the non enthusiast crowd as long as I can remeber.

I think Cayenne is very much in line with Porsche engineering tradition. The car is very well engineered and when you drive one they are down right scary.

Enough with the Cayenne bashing. This vehicle has allowed Porsche to stay profitable in a down economy. I'm a long time Porsche fan and just see this car as it is, an expansion of their product line. GT3 RS and Carrera GT are still enough car to keep Ferrari busy for a while.

...and dont talk about my mom that way! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Jun 9 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #24

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

vortrex Posted on Jun 9 2004, 09:18 AM

people who complain about SUV's are retarded

No I would say that people who post this are retarded (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SUV's either love 'em or hate 'em. I hate them. Gas guzzling wastes of steel costing 35 -45K!

Add to this the fact that every (OK not every but most) idiots who own one think they are the biggest baddest mothers on the road and don't give a sh$t who they pull out in front of. They think because they have four-wheel drive that they can go 4,000 mile an hour on the freeway in an ice storm, guess what idiot ? You still have to stop.

It would be OK by me if we took all of these idiotic vehicles and dumped them into the ocean today.... just make sure to fill them with lawyers first (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
#1RAGE
post Jun 9 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 664

I parked beside a Cayenne S the other day. It was a little bigger than my teener. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
thesey914
post Jun 9 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 66

great shot rage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Jun 9 2004, 01:32 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,414

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I like the reflection of your car on the Cayenne.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jun 9 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 9 2004, 09:58 AM)
No I would say that people who post this are retarded (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SUV's either love 'em or hate 'em. I hate them. Gas guzzling wastes of steel costing 35 -45K!

Add to this the fact that every (OK not every but most) idiots who own one think they are the biggest baddest mothers on the road and don't give a sh$t who they pull out in front of. They think because they have four-wheel drive that they can go 4,000 mile an hour on the freeway in an ice storm, guess what idiot ? You still have to stop.

It would be OK by me if we took all of these idiotic vehicles and dumped them into the ocean today.... just make sure to fill them with lawyers first (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

hating SUV's is so "in" now.

why don't you hate pickups, vans, muscle cars, sports cars, etc? so if your 914 got bad gas mileage you'd hate it too?

ahh, the big hunk of steel argument. I like that one. it's just like the people who won't play the lottery until it's over $50 million, not worth their time and investment otherwise. yeah, getting in head on collisions, broadsided, etc with normal size cars is fine. that's only 3500lbs coming at you instead of 5000lbs, no problem at all.
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jun 9 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #29

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I think it is crappy that people buy vehicles that are so large that they have difficulty in manuevering them and don't feel any obligation to owning up to damage that they caused. That's a bad combo. A crappy driver in a GEO Metro usually misses other vehicles -because of the Metro's size.

Couple crappy driving with bumpers that are so stylishly high that they would go OVER the door of a teener and it could be fatal to somebody.

At least my bumpers on the Vanagon are at regulated car bumper height. The poor sucker that I might someday hit has a chance of staying alive.

Ken
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jun 9 2004, 06:55 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(kwales @ Jun 9 2004, 04:32 PM)
I think it is crappy that people buy vehicles that are so large that they have difficulty in manuevering them and don't feel any obligation to owning up to damage that they caused. That's a bad combo.  A crappy driver in a GEO Metro usually misses other vehicles -because of the Metro's size.

that's some pretty creative stuff you've got there.

how do you know SUV owners don't feel any obligation in owning up to accident damages? was there a nationwide study done on this?

so most geo metros don't get in accidents because they're small? are you talking about the hatchbacks or the sedans? the sedan is 12.6" bigger in overall length. not sure what the size cutoff is to mostly miss accidents.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 9 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #31

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE(shotgun @ Jun 8 2004, 04:01 PM)
This women wasn't hot looking, she wasn't even a soccer mom. Just a big cow driving the beast.

If it had been a hot woman or a soccer mom (or both) driving instead of a "big cow", would you be okay with it? Or would you still complain?

seriously. Very well put, Meredith.

nathan
+Quote Post
serge914
post Jun 9 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 723

We can usually classify the big SUV and Pick-Up trucks owners in 4 categories:

Those who need them to carry or pull large quantities of equipments.
Those who feel safer in them because they are standing higher.
Those who are just too fat to fit in a regular car.
Those who need them to demonstrate their healthy bank account.

It is quite fun to identify who belong to wich category when you are on the road with nothing else to do.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 9 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #33

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(vortrex @ Jun 9 2004, 09:18 PM)
people who complain about SUV's are retarded.

What bug crawled up your ass? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
phantom914
post Jun 10 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #34

non-914-owner non-club member

Member No.: 1,708

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 9 2004, 08:34 PM)

What bug crawled up your ass? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Camel Spider? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Andrew
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 10 2004, 10:53 AM
Post #35

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

let's not forget the U in SUV. i can't exactly tow my travel trailer with my 914. My wife, child, dog, and stroller can't all fit in my 914. my 914 and my rear wheel drive MB do not do so well in snow storms on the way to skiing. When the in-laws visit, it's not as easy as you think to strap them to the hood of your 914. As evil as some may consider them, they are necessary evils. and we actually get better gas mileage taking one car on a road trip instead of two (when travelling with family or friends). if you had the cash, and the choice, wouldn't you prefer to buy the porsche SUV product over the Ford, GM, or Kia? I would......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 10 2004, 11:21 AM
Post #36

neo life

Member No.: 159

well...ACTUALLY ferrari did play a large part in producing the "la Forza" an italian suv, primarily designed by ferrari, although not released through them

Ferrari no, but Pinninfarina the designer of many Ferrari's did design the La Forda (Ford engine). Too bad it wasn't successful even after some local company tried to revive them when SUV's were gaining popularity.

The Cayenne is a homely design. Even some of the asian SUV's have more unique styling. If it were more innovative design (non-performance) it would fit with the 914.

Oh forgot the original statement. As much as I hate door dings and being cut off (well everybody does that), people have the right to drive anything the DOT allows. I'd drive a tank without brakes if it were allowed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Felix
+Quote Post
AZ914
post Jun 10 2004, 01:44 PM
Post #37

914 Dumbass

Member No.: 98
Region Association: Southwest Region

Time to chime in..

Enough ripping on the rich SUV buyers, anyone check the price of a 996 Turbo lately? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I agree, the Cayenne could look a little better but hey, its their first shot at it.

For those that only have one car, an SUV can be a great vehicle, car , truck, hauler, camper, etc..

That is all.
+Quote Post
Levi
post Jun 10 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #38

Lick my nuts

Member No.: 1,783

QUOTE(serge914 @ Jun 9 2004, 06:09 PM)
We can usually classify the big SUV and Pick-Up trucks owners in 4 categories:

Those who need them to carry or pull large quantities of equipments.
Those who feel safer in them because they are standing higher.
Those who are just too fat to fit in a regular car.
Those who need them to demonstrate their healthy bank account.

It is quite fun to identify who belong to wich category when you are on the road with nothing else to do.

You forgot about the people that need and use them, (see Picture). well maybe #1 encludes them, I guess all but #4 apply to me.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) !! Oh yea I live on the side of a mountain without 4WD you don't get to my house in the winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Geez... who the hell knows what a SUV really is anyway?, its simply a marketing name...Sport Utility Vehicle. I laugh every time I see a comerical saying a Chevy Suburban etc.. is a SUV...where is the Sport in it?.

The Cayenne S at least has the Sport factor....oh and I'd sure drive one!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
MattR
post Jun 10 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

I think its totally wrong for us to criticize what other people drive under any condition. Everyone buys a car to suit a purpose. Why can we say some does or doesnt need the room? I heard an enviro-tree hugger freak on the radio telling people to not buy SUVs because we dont need them and all that crap. How does this guy know what soccer mom's need? Is he a soccer mom? no. Catagorizing people and their uses for cars is wrong.

Now the safety issue is something to be taken more seriously, I think, because that affects others. But I would rather get in a collision with an SUV mom doing the speed limit then a 55 chevy hot rod doing twice the speed limit... kinetic energy = mass x velocity squared. Just remember that. I rarely see soccer mom's speeding.

And I think the 914 has a solid integrated roll bar, so I dont get how bumper height matters? The SUV would literally have to drive over the 914 from the front to get to the cockpit. Is my thinking off here?

Lastly, SUV's are covered trucks IMO. And trucks are one of the things that made this country flourish in the 40s and 50s. Im not going to give some lame patriotic rant here, but this is America, the land of the free.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 10 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #40

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

i'm sure the people complaining about SUV's wouldn't hesitate twice about borrowing one to move or pickup heavy bulky items if all they had to drive was thier 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thinking of selling my SuperCrew truck for new truck (and the 911), the one I'm looking at is a featherlight @ 6270 pounds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:08 AM