Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you do when you are being followed?
Bleyseng
post Jun 8 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

By this guy! Rich B was following me on the tour drive until I could find a spot to let him by. Jeez, me in a rental car and RichB trying to catch up the the fast group.

Geoff

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 8 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I thought this was a serious thread.

Pam had an unpleasant experience (recently) of some redneck in a huge pickup (Ram, whatever) repeatedly bumping the back of her little pickup truck, because she had the unmitigated gall to do the speed limit in the right lane. Pam doesn't speed... ever.

I wish I had been there in the passenger seat. 3 or 4 in the engine... one in the forehead. I'm sure that would have been justifiable homicide, in self defense.
+Quote Post
wheelo
post Jun 9 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #3

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Pick-up the cell and Call 911... have the jerk hauled-in for wreckless driving and assult with a deadly weapon (Dodge Ram). Too much, Bang,Bang, Road Rage out there. I know someone who's friend got wasted, just for a parking spot !
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Jun 9 2004, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 506

I had someone get out of his car and start to do a walk up on me last week. As I'm politely known as a knuckle dragging monstor this didn't cause me undue concern.

But life is to short. He could have been packing. So I tossed it into gear and gave him a cloud of rubber to breath as he ran back to get in his car with everyone honking and undoubtedly making him even more angry.

I can only hope he calmed down and get help, or expires in rage and offs himself. I'm cool with either one.

I wish Pam had got the information to turn that guy in. We don't need people like that on the roads.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 9 2004, 07:55 AM
Post #5

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

That's scary stuff. People are stupid on the roads and no matter what people do to piss you off, the best policy is to let them go. It catches up - I believe in road karma.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 9 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #6

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Yep Rusty, that has happened to me before.
Driving in rush hour traffic, stop and go and this guy starts banging into my bumper over and over again.
I pull over to the shoulder so he could sneak by.
I followed him off the freeway
He got out at a 7/11 where I jumped out to talk to him
He rolls up the windows and starts laughing at me Yelling what are you going to do about it....

Hmmmm, he's out of state
Nice new BMW car

I kick the shit out of the drivers door until its all dented in and then leave
I called the State Patrol with the plate number
They say they cant do anything about it but log in his plate to be watched for
I tell the Stater what I did and he tells me that will fix him.

Geoff
+Quote Post
mikester
post Jun 9 2004, 08:07 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 837

I was driving from Florida to California in the winter of 2000, right after the election (florida plates). I'm in Texas, I don't recall which City but it's rush hour traffic - bumper to bumper and not going anywhere.

Some guy in a van is honking and swearing at me and finally goes around me on the shoulder just to get in front of me.

Remember, Bumper to Bumper - he wasn't getting anywhere any faster.

It was a little scarey.

F'ing crazies.
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Jun 9 2004, 08:12 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

Rusty, that is just wrong. Is there anyone from the board that lives in Pam's area? When you are there, we have to cover.
L. McC
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 9 2004, 08:51 AM
Post #9

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I had a guy follow me 2 days ago when I was driving my moms car. I just kept driving even when I passed my destination.. Turns out, he was going to the same place! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I was dropping off a friend so he wouldnt have to walk from school.

I actually laughed.

Andrew
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 9 2004, 08:56 AM
Post #10

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

i had someone follow me all the way home once. he was on my ass swerving back and forth in a suburban. i was in my jeep, so it was hard to outrun him. fortunately i lost him when he got caught behind a bus at a 4 way stop sign. i know he was following me, because i took the long way home and did a complete circle on the neighborhood streets so he wouldn't know the way to my house. it was a little nerve racking. fortunately he didn't turn down my street, but i saw him drive right by. even with gun in hand, you never want to have to use it, and what if he has one too? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jun 9 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(wheelo @ Jun 9 2004, 01:41 AM)
Pick-up the cell and Call 911... have the jerk hauled-in for wreckless driving and assult with a deadly weapon (Dodge Ram). Too much, Bang,Bang, Road Rage out there. I know someone who's friend got wasted, just for a parking spot !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Call that stuff in! That is a very serious offense. If convicted there is usuall time involved, and for good reason. All it takes is losing control for a second and she might have been killed. What kind of an idiot would do that anyway?
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Jun 9 2004, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

People are way to uptight these days. I saw two guys side swipe each other because a lane ended and neither wanted to let the other in front. This was a newish Lexus SUV and similar aged Honda Civic. Why would anyone choose a dented car over letting someone by?

I've had enough run ins with assholes that if I can put some serious distance between them and myself, I let them pass or change my route. I don't need anymore stress in my life.
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Jun 9 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #13

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74

Last night drivin my Jetta 80 in the fast lane durring Seattle Rush hour, I had a SEMI!! Right on my bumper, I mean REALLY CLOSE! He didnt have a trailer. I look in my rear view and he is giving me :finger2: Like I can get out of his way...
So he passes me in the HOV lane on ramp to 405... Later on 167, I passed him. He was talking to a State Patrolman!! HAHA BEEATCH!
Its the freakin FREEWAY NOT INDY CHILL THE FUNK OUT! IMHO
+Quote Post
Toast
post Jun 9 2004, 10:25 AM
Post #14

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(mikester @ Jun 9 2004, 07:07 AM)
I was driving from Florida to California in the winter of 2000, right after the election (florida plates). I'm in Texas, I don't recall which City ....

You didn't immediatly get pulled over as soon as you crossed the Texas state line and asked what you were doing there and issued a speeding ticked for 4 miles over the speed limit?

Hummm......maybe its just the California plates..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
Toast
post Jun 9 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #15

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

I was driving back from the WCC (!!!) on Hwy 1 and this chick with a huge shag dog in a older car was going very slow. I finally got the chance to pass her. About 5 minutes later, she is doing 80 mph and passes me, cuts right in front of me, slams on the breaks and moves over the the sholder to let me by again. Then drops way back to her former speed again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) WTF? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
pbanders
post Jun 9 2004, 10:33 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 805

QUOTE(Cricket @ Jun 9 2004, 08:28 AM)
I was driving back from the WCC (!!!) on Hwy 1 and this chick with a huge shag dog in a older car was going very slow. I finally got the chance to pass her. About 5 minutes later, she is doing 80 mph and passes me, cuts right in front of me, slams on the breaks and moves over the the sholder to let me by again. Then drops way back to her former speed again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) WTF? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

The lesson here is that there are a lot of people driving who are totally nuts. Best thing to do is to get away from them as quickly as possible, without any gestures or actions on your part. If they persist, drive to as public an area as you can find and call 911. Better yet, if you know where the closest police station is, drive there.

I raced bicycles for a long time and in training, I've been harrassed by dozens of cars. Some of my friends were seriously injured and I suspect some that I knew who were killed in traffic accidents were victims of aggressive drivers. Given the number of extremely large and heavy vehicles on the road, there's not much difference between a 914 and a bicycle to a 3-ton truck. Best policy is avoidance.
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Jun 9 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #17

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

No reason to get upset... if someone gets mad at me or screws with me... I just blow them a kiss and lick my lips like I'm gay--- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

If they come up to me while I'm stopped..... Hey.... I carry a stun gun in my car

I figure if I leave some asshole convulsing and pissing himself on the ground in the emergency lane.. maybe he'll know better next time.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jun 9 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #18

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Depends in the car I am in. 914 and I take the twisty road home. 928 I take HWY 90 5K RPMS to 4th and then the twisty road. If they can keep up it must be important. Be ready to break out a can of whoopass.

Explorer, it is required to ignore all other drivers anyway (right)?
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jun 9 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #19

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Had a bud in Florida who used to take SR3 down Merrit Island to and from his job at Cape Kennedy. SR3 is the only twisty road in the area and a lotta people like to race through the area. One guy used to run up close to his back bumper and lunge at his car to try to get him to speed up when he was going 20mph over the speed limit. The lunger would honk and flash his lights just to let him know how displeased he really was.

This went on for a month and my friend rigged up a little gadget in his car. Next time the lunger glued himself to my friends bumper and made his displeasure known, my friend pushed a button on the dash. A little blue light went on in the rear window and you could hear a whining sound (rising in pitch) as the capacitor bank charged up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

FAP! the flash went off in the lungers face and his car began weaving and slowing down. :finger2:

The lunger almost nailed a tree.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lunger was a quick learner, he never did it again and the device was dismantled.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Moral of the story: Never piss off a rocket scientist..

Ken
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 9 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #20

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

I slow to a crawl. When they try and pass... speed up. I go WAY out of my way to haul ass in the slow lanes (NorCal people tend to all move into the fast lane which leaves the slow lane wide open for the most part). I cant truthfully say I have had anyone follow me in NorCal. For the most part people in this are are docile.

Now in Texas.. it is a different story. We where followed one night and we got out of the truck at a traffic light to confront the guy's and they got out swinging golf clubs. I got one in the back of my right arm as I tried to turn away from a full swing... not good. I thought my arm was going to fall off. Come to find out.. we had been talking to their girlfriends at a club we had just left :finger2: . We ended up with the chicks.. they where pissed that their "boyfriends" didnt fight fair...LOL they where following behind them..LOL

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:24 PM