Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Funny car stories, Tell us your secrets
madd_dogg_914
post Apr 19 2003, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 497
Region Association: Northern California

I know everybody here has at least ONE funny story about working on their cars. This can be a fabulous thread if you all will tell us one story. I will even start it off.
This JUST happened to me last night, it really aint that great, but it made me feels so dumb I had to share it.

I am getting ready to install a new exhuast system on my Lexus today. I jacked up the rear of the car, get under there, take out old system, put in new system, clean everything up. Lower the car. Get in the car, start the car, put the car in to drive. . . car wont budge. I give it a little gas, makes this horrible grinding sound. So I shut off the car, look underneath, nothing. I am completly stumped. It had been a particularly long day, and I wasn't in the mood for this, so I go inside and make some dinner. I eat, then back to the garage to figure this out. I jack the back of the car up again, get in the car, start it up, e-barake off, make sure rear wheels are spinning, they are. Give it some gas expecting to hear grinding, none. Hmmmmm problem fixed itself. Okay, lower the car, get in SAME THING. Car wont budge and grinding if i give it gas. Mad as hell I get out of the car and walk out to the street to get the mail. As I am walking back I notice the big metal wheel chocks I used on the front. I quickly grab them and put them away. Hop in the car and drive right out to the street. Felt so stupid! Parked the car and looked at the driveway, two nice big indents where the choccks were grinding into the pavement. SHEESH!

So come on, I know there are stories better than that. I have tons of them and as I remember them I will be posting them here. Hopefully everyone else will join in and this can be alot of fun!

-Chris

P.S. Whadaya think of my new avitar, pretty nice huh! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
madd_dogg_914   Funny car stories   Apr 19 2003, 02:51 PM
elmonte   Stand back she's going to blow nothing worse ...   Apr 19 2003, 04:03 PM
L8Apex   Nice avatar. I had a friend trying to change t...   Apr 19 2003, 04:10 PM
Mike D.   OK, so my friend Lea and I are checking out this "...   Apr 19 2003, 05:11 PM
Dave_Darling   I replaced the rollers on my rear decklid torsion ...   Apr 19 2003, 05:30 PM
L8Apex  
  Apr 19 2003, 06:56 PM
Gint   My wife and 3 kids are taking off to go skiing in ...   Apr 19 2003, 07:10 PM
madd_dogg_914  
  Apr 19 2003, 08:39 PM
need4speed   Went to the first meeting of a local "VW club" abo...   Apr 19 2003, 08:40 PM
boxstr   LOL.... Madddogg I have been saving that avatar f...   Apr 19 2003, 09:13 PM
Zeke   Re: the shop vac and gas. I think you were damn lu...   Apr 19 2003, 09:40 PM
Curvie Roadlover   Here's a funny "day at the track" story. I use...   Apr 19 2003, 10:15 PM
seanery   :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: ...   Apr 19 2003, 10:21 PM
airsix  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:53 AM