Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> interior upgrades
Ctrout
post Jun 11 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

The 914 interior is rather sparse and while I don't really want to add a bunch of weight to the car, I would like to see what kind of luxury refinements have been successfully accomplished. Has anyone ever attempted to swap in a pair of boxster seats? What about other interior upgrades? How refined is yoir 914 interior? Any pics?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 11 2004, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

No carpet (its heavy) No sound tar, no backpad. No center console (heavy) No nathing.

Drive it every day, and I dont miss any of that junk.

Andrew
+Quote Post
MattR
post Jun 11 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589

Sparse interior? This is my first car with carpet installed and seats with matching color! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jun 12 2004, 06:45 AM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If you want nice interior buy my 928. Teeners are supposed to be spartain. My seats don't match, 1 recaro SRD and 1 stock early "if I put the back pad in".
No carpet Are they supposed to have carpet? both of mine never had it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Just strip the floors and put an epoxy paint down and then put the wire in a loom along the top of the tunnel. Looks great. Plus it will motivate you to keep the floor pan clean so it don't rust out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 12 2004, 07:12 AM
Post #5

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

you're very limited on what seats will fit. These cars were designed with a very low seat cushion, most cars, even cars you think are similar have much higher seats. The only seats that I have seen that will probably fit are C4 Corvette seats (1986-1996). They are expensive and ragged out by now, so they aren't for everyone.
+Quote Post
kevinseven
post Jun 12 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 493

I was wondering if Honda s2000 seats would fit. I've seen pairs of them on ebay a lot chaper than a single Recaro Pole Position in leather.
+Quote Post
jgiroux67
post Jun 12 2004, 11:54 PM
Post #7

Guitar Shredder

Member No.: 2,157

I am pretty sure that the Sparco Roadster seat will fit, but the problem is that they are 400 a peice at the lowest.
+Quote Post
tiim5
post Jun 13 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,791

Has anyone tried the Cordebeau (sorry for the spelling) seats? I saw them at Porsche Heaven, they look nice are said to fit and are around $200.00 each. Any one know anything about them?
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jun 13 2004, 08:51 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

As far as seats go, it seems like many people have opted to just get their seats recovered, and maybe have a little extra pad added.

There are a lot of little things you can do to a 914 interior, just depends on your taste. There are center consoles, power window kits, killer stereos, different gauges, etc.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 13 2004, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

The Corbeau seats are what I have seen is the main seat that fits good and that people like alot. If I had the money, they would be in mine.

http://www.tweeks.com/shop?frame=4.90.2384

Tweeks has em, but this is just for pics and price reference. You can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Andrew
+Quote Post
ss6
post Jun 13 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #11

fun city...

Member No.: 221

I have a pair of the Corbeau (Forza) seats in mine with the backpad, center cushion, and center console as well. They don't "nest" into the backpad like the stock seats do, but at 5'8" I've got plenty of extra leg room. I made my own mounts (to sit as low as possible), though I understand Corbeau sells adaptors to the stock rails.
+Quote Post
stevend
post Jun 13 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,333

corbeau classic II bolt right to the 914 hardware. Some discussion on fitting into the backpad, but Im also 5'8'', so no problem. the last owner was 6'2'' and still was not an issue. The money is right they look period and are confortable and can still do track duty.

pics later
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Jun 13 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

Ctrout, you can do anything your imagination can conceive. If the seats do not fit the rails, use the rails from the ones you want. They all bolt to the floor. Change the dash, up in woofers, tweeters, AC what ever. Most 914ers enjoy the designing and production. However, if you do not gain enjoyment from "fixing", just sell the 914 to an enthusiast and buy a vette, viper, Z4 or other and enjoy.
L. McC
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Jun 13 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I found myself a pair of old Konig's that were made for the 914 (search around and you'll possibly find some...they are no longer made). Or, take a picture of these to an auto upholstery shop and have them build up the sides and recover! I like the headrest looking stock. Hopefully, I'll get the rest of my interior in over the next month!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tiim5
post Jun 13 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,791

Thanks stevend, I'd love to see pics, and those Konig seats look great as well it would be nice to find a set of those around.
+Quote Post
Ctrout
post Jun 13 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,091

Thanks for the replies and pics. I don't really need a 928. After all, that's a water cooled car. I am just looking for something a little more refined than a standard 914 interior. I was spoiled by riding in my former boss' boxster.
+Quote Post
d914
post Jun 13 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

here's stevend's seats and the start of the interior.

plain gt door pannels, from perry for my other car, and the corbeau's from my other car. Seems every thing got ripped out of the "other car".

probably going smooth vinyl on the dash to match the doors, the new large speaker covers and a sub in the passenger foot well, and some of the vw billet window cranks for a dash of color. all in t6he works.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:59 AM