Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 3.2 hesitation fixed, Father's Day present to myself!
dion9146
post Jun 19 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,071
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I've been dealing with partial throttle hesitation with my 3.2 for a while now. It's not an issue at all during acceleration or deceleration, but when cruising on the highway at constant throttle, it was driving me nuts.

I found a LOT of threads on Pelican dealing with the issue leading back to the MAF and the wiper tracks being bad. So today while the family was leaving me alone for a while, I pulled it apart. I followed the guidance of this website:

http://www.efinnegan.com/Porsche/MiscInfo/AFMRebuild.html

I rebent the wiper arms so they were riding in new tracks, and put it all back together. Wow, what a difference. Not only is the hesitation gone, but my seat of the pants dyno says acceleration is a bit crisper.

Fixing little things like this is what keeps me coming back to this car for more.

Happy Faher's Day all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Dion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dion9146   3.2 hesitation fixed   Jun 19 2011, 12:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:41 AM