Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nader's Nightmare...and mine too build thread, 4/6/14 Update.
KELTY360
post Jan 14 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #61

914 Neferati

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Never ceases to amaze me what I'll see @914World. Awesome job creating a new lip on the wheel opening. You da man Rick!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914coop
post Jan 14 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 9,514
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jan 14 2012, 09:05 AM) *

Nice job Rick!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Can't wait to see it in person!
+Quote Post
914coop
post Jan 14 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #63

Rick dropped the car off this afternoon, he went way beyond what I expected. Flares looks great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Need to put seam dealer on these and paint the backside to protect them. Will start this process tomorrow. Good thing I have Monday off to finish this.

Sorry no pictures as it was snowing (weather man was wrong again) and I forgot to do pictures. Will post some when I work on it tomorrow.

Special thanks to Rick!!!, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) this turned out to be much more work then we expected.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 14 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #64

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Slope Nose Revival

I wonder how some up side down louvers would look in the fender tops? ( probably to much revival )
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 15 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #65

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 14 2012, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2012, 11:54 AM) *

Nader's Nightmare is going home! Nice day to do 914 stuff on the 14th!

Very Nice Rick, Coop's going to like it.

Wanna come back to Florida and put some Steel Flares on my Steel Top?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Seriously? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

I had a great time doing the work. Irv is a great guy and much more of a car nut than many know. I can tell you if he could drive he would very likely be in another line of work.

Hey Irv. I think I should bring the Alien down next summer and we'll find a big parking lot someplace and you can go through the gears.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 15 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #66

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Hey Irv,

I sent you an email with the phone number of a guy that works out of his garage. He's in the metro someplace. Give him a call when your ready and have him at least look and see if he can get you back in paint.
+Quote Post
914coop
post Jan 15 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #67

Hey Irv. I think I should bring the Alien down next summer and we'll find a big parking lot someplace and you can go through the gears.

Defiantly will take a ride with you driving.

Keep telling Dan we need to find a track and check in to getting time on it when the car is done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) . My father keeps saying BIR, however I would bet that would be real $$$.

He keeps bringing up the movie Scent of a Woman.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.buddy-icons.info-9514-1326685938.1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2012, 04:03 PM) *

Hey Irv,

I sent you an email with the phone number of a guy that works out of his garage. He's in the metro someplace. Give him a call when your ready and have him at least look and see if he can get you back in paint.

Yes, got the e-mail and will be checking with him, thanks for the possible contact.

Seam sealer on and primer tomorrow. Also stand in engine and the trans will be removed. i should have a good start to having the engine together by end of next weekend.

That is if the rings show up this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 16 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #68

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow Wow Wow! Rick has some serious metal skills, no doubt. When this project got under way I was thinking "oh no" and now that I see the finish result I was thinking "that man has got skills". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
914coop
post Jan 16 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #69

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 16 2012, 05:25 AM) *

Wow Wow Wow! Rick has some serious metal skills, no doubt.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) a 100%
+Quote Post
914coop
post Feb 25 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #70

Rings are here..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Will be assembling the engine today and tomorrow. We will see how far I get as I will be taking my time and double checking everything.

Will post pictures later this evening
+Quote Post
914coop
post May 20 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #71

Been offline for a few months due to health issue. Was able to start working on it the beging of this month. Got engine just about ready to be put in the car, Hopefully will be ready by next weekend.

Balancer, dist, carbs, turbo, valve covers (haven't shown up yet) and clutch and in the car it goes.

Pictures
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i384.photobucket.com-9514-1337545633.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i384.photobucket.com-9514-1337545633.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i384.photobucket.com-9514-1337545634.3.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i384.photobucket.com-9514-1337545634.4.jpg)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 20 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #72

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Nice!

If you have a need, I have some almost new rockers and swivels you can have. Since I went to roller rockers, I dont need them and there is about 1000mi on the old gear.
+Quote Post
914coop
post May 20 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 20 2012, 12:43 PM) *

Nice!

If you have a need, I have some almost new rockers and swivels you can have. Since I went to roller rockers, I dont need them and there is about 1000mi on the old gear.

Guessing mine have more then that on them :
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Interested in them,
Also where did you get the roller rockets? Will not be happening right away but could be a good winter project.
+Quote Post
Qarl
post May 20 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #74

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

Really like the corvair motor. An American flat-six 911. LOL
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 20 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #75

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Looking good Irv. Nice to see the progress!
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 20 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #76

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(914coop @ May 20 2012, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 20 2012, 12:43 PM) *

Nice!

Guessing mine have more then that on them :
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Interested in them,
Also where did you get the roller rockets? Will not be happening right away but could be a good winter project.

Aw man, it has been so long that I dont remember. I shopped around, probably ebay.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 21 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #77

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Wow Rick, that thing looks amazing. Must have been very challenging to get the flares to look right with the slant nose.

So...this car looks exactly like the one formerly owned by member 1bad914 out of Michigan... if so has anyone else noticed how many times it's changed hands in the last several years!? Nothing against the car or owners AT ALL, just a random fact. It's easy to spot with the color and slant nose.

Link

Since its had a variety of drive trains and setups it's the PERFECT car for a Corvair transplant!

Good luck with it Irv! Your son will love it.
+Quote Post
carr914
post May 21 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #78

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2012, 11:42 AM) *

Wow Rick, that thing looks amazing. Must have been very challenging to get the flares to look right with the slant nose.

So...this car looks exactly like the one formerly owned by member 1bad914 out of Michigan... if so has anyone else noticed how many times it's changed hands in the last several years!? Nothing against the car or owners AT ALL, just a random fact. It's easy to spot with the color and slant nose.

Link

Since its had a variety of drive trains and setups it's the PERFECT car for a Corvair transplant!

Good luck with it Irv! Your son will love it.

I had it before Irv. I had an opportunity to buy the Steel Roof 914, so that why I sold it. I did the 5 Lug Conversion. I did not buy it from 1bad914, but was told he really misrepresented the car. The guy I bought it from fixed all the Rust (there is a whole Thread about that)

T.C.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 21 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 21 2012, 11:38 AM) *

I had it before Irv. I had an opportunity to buy the Steel Roof 914, so that why I sold it. I did the 5 Lug Conversion. I did not buy it from 1bad914, but was told he really misrepresented the car. The guy I bought it from fixed all the Rust (there is a whole Thread about that)

T.C.

Sorry TC I didn't know about that rust situation until just now...bummer. Well it sure looks great underneath today. Speaking of cars that have been changed hands..is Steel Roof the one that Root Werks built, then he sold it, bought it back, you bought it, sold it, bought it back? Love that car.

Sorry for the hijack Irv...
+Quote Post
carr914
post May 21 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #80

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2012, 02:11 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 21 2012, 11:38 AM) *

T.C.

Sorry TC I didn't know about that rust situation until just now...bummer. Well it sure looks great underneath today. Speaking of cars that have been changed hands..is Steel Roof the one that Root Werks built, then he sold it, bought it back, you bought it, sold it, bought it back? Love that car.

Sorry for the hijack Irv...

Yes, the Steel Roof is the Dan Root x 3, TC x 2 car

If you look at the 1st Post of this Thread you will see a Link to the Rust Repair
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 03:10 AM