Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2011 SCCA National Thread
Randal
post Jul 28 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 18 2011, 02:54 PM) *

I felt bad for the fist 2 run groups. It was sloppy wet.
Kesiel was fast in the rain. His Goodyears had AVON A15 moulded into the sidewall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I would have liked to see that car run in the dry.

He had one run on them the first day. He said he hates those tires but Goodyear was out of the tires he needs. So that was all he had for the dry. I guess it is a good thing for him he didn't have to use them again.

What Goodyear tires does he use?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 29 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #42

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Great big fat slicks. Not the new DOT-R
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 29 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #43

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 28 2011, 11:53 AM) *

Kesiel was fast in the rain. His Goodyears had AVON A15 moulded into the sidewall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I would have liked to see that car run in the dry.

He had one run on them the first day. He said he hates those tires but Goodyear was out of the tires he needs. So that was all he had for the dry. I guess it is a good thing for him he didn't have to use them again.

I duuno about day 1, I wasn't there. I was there day 2 and that is when I saw those AVONS on his car.....between his 2 & 3rd passes. You got any more factual reporting like the above?

He had the Goodyears on when I was there at the start of heat 2 and it was never dry enough for him to switch. If he did switch I didn't see it as I was busy putting our stuff away, but if you say you saw them on there that doesn't change how he feels about them or how he did.

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to make you sound any more assholeish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jul 29 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #44

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jul 29 2011, 10:07 AM) *

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to make you sound any more assholeish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I call em' like I see em'. If that leads you to name calling for a defense, so be it.
I never engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 29 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #45

Classy as usual (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 29 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #46

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Geeeze, you two sound like my ex-wife(s). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Get a room already ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 30 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #47

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2011, 10:27 PM) *
Geeeze, you two sound like my ex-wife(s). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Fuck, talk about curve-ball ... An hour after i posted this my (last) ex wife sends me an email telling me she was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Fucking Murphy always gets the last word. And that's the one of the two i actually like! Damn it ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 30 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #48

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Damn, sorry to hear that Andy. My mom was just diagnosed with that as well. I hope they are able to set it into remission quickly.

And yes, sorry about getting carried away with JP. He is like nails on a chalkboard to me..
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Jul 31 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 5,842

Now that that unpleasantness is behind us...
I have a choice of 4 different tires that I can run at the big show. I'm already 90% sure which direction I'm gonna go, and some back-to-back testing in two weeks will be the final determination. However, I'm just curious as to everybody's opinions.

*Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (what a mouth full!)

*Kumho Ecsta XS

*Hankook Ventus R-S3

*Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

BTW, this is for an STX BMW 325i. Make your picks.
Mark D.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 1 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #50

CUMONIWANNARACEU

I just bought a set of the RS3's in 225/45-17 for our Mini Cooper S. 99% daily driver. But within 3 hours of mounting the tires we were at an autocross.
grip was terrible until the flames wore off the tread. then it was like flicking a switch. Street tires should not have that much grip. Awesome tires. Remember to spray them between runs. It was easy to get over 150 degrees and that is too much.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 4 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #51

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 28 2011, 12:52 PM) *

What Goodyear tires does he use?

Pretty sure he uses Formula Atlantic Radials in a 175 compound. 20x9.5x13 (Front) 23.5x13x13 (Back) I was looking at similar tire for the Boxster but couldnt justify the $450 a tire price tag.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 4 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #52

Arrrrhhhh!

Hey Brit is signed up for XP! Who hoo! Thats Awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...795D0028B10C159

Man its depressing looking at the FP field. I'm going to battle to stay out of dead last! Got my ticket and will be flying in Sunday Aug 28. Testing Monday and racin Tuesday and Wed. Then head out on red eye Wed eve. I'm psych'd. And to be supported by a National champion like Erik is really cool. I'm sure I will learn tons from him.

Hey need to get a fast lady in the FP 914 JJ. FP Ladies is going to be a real race!

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Aug 4 2011, 02:19 PM
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Aug 4 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 4 2011, 01:13 PM) *

Hey Brit is signed up for XP! Who hoo! Thats Awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Man its depressing looking at the FP field. I'm going to battle to stay out of dead last! Got my ticket and will be flying in Sunday Aug 28. Testing Monday and racin Tuesday and Wed. Then head out on red eye Wed eve. I'm psych'd. And to be supported by a National champion like Erik is really cool. I'm sure I will learn tons from him.

Hey need to get a fast lady in the FP 914 JJ. FP Ladies is going to be a real race!

Good luck Grant. I hope you do well out there,
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 4 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #54

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Aug 4 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Thanks I'm going to need as much luck as I can get!
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Aug 5 2011, 06:35 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 12,246

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 4 2011, 03:13 PM) *

My wife Tricia has not been in car since last years nationals-had our third child in May.We'll see if we can get her some seat time for next year.FP ladies has been a strong small class several years-Jodi Fordahl,Pilar Miranda,Beverlee Larson, and now Strelnicks and Pedroza- looks like it will be fun to watch.
Our 25 car FP field looks awesome.
Good luck Grant.
Nationals can be a humbling event.
My first Nationals was won by Jeff Reitmeir.My fastest times in the teener never approached Stacy Reitmeirs' slowest times for the week.I thought that I was there to win it!You know-local fast and all.........
JJackson

+Quote Post
ottox914
post Aug 5 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #56

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Cool, that car will be something else to see in person.

I'll be there as tire warmer for my friends SM miata. Supercharged, mega squirted, intercooled, it puts 240 to the wheels and a torque curve that is really more of a line than a curve from idle to 7k. We're for sure bringing a knife to a gun fight, but at least its a sharp steak knife and not a butter knife.

I've driven it 2x. I fully expect to suck.

But. This year I turn 50, and Nancy said to do something a little crazy. Since I already own a turbo 914 and a hooker is out of the question, a trip to nats seemed like a nice little compromise vacation splurge.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 5 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #57

CUMONIWANNARACEU

I've been to several National events haveing never driven the car before.
1st was a CSP Miata, backed it off the trailer, drove to Tech and back and then from grid to start line. Only thing on my mind was "don't kill it".

2nd was Mod moto shifter kart, at Nationals last year. spun it in the 1st set of slaloms Whoops.

3rd was C-mod Formula Ford. drove it 2 runs @ test and tune. Right away I knew I was in trouble. That was a hard car to drive.

Just as long as the gas is on the right and it goes to the floor I am usually a mid pack driver.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 5 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 4 2011, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Aug 4 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Thanks I'm going to need as much luck as I can get!

Good Luck at the Nationals. No way it will be anything but fun.

+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 5 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jjackson @ Aug 5 2011, 05:35 AM) *

My wife Tricia has not been in car since last years nationals-had our third child in May.We'll see if we can get her some seat time for next year.FP ladies has been a strong small class several years-Jodi Fordahl,Pilar Miranda,Beverlee Larson, and now Strelnicks and Pedroza- looks like it will be fun to watch.
Our 25 car FP field looks awesome.
Good luck Grant.
Nationals can be a humbling event.
My first Nationals was won by Jeff Reitmeir.My fastest times in the teener never approached Stacy Reitmeirs' slowest times for the week.I thought that I was there to win it!You know-local fast and all.........
JJackson

Was that the year Jeff was driving the supercharged BMW? He ran that car at LPR events down at the Marina and it was very fast.

His shop is just down the street from my place.

Good Luck at the Nationals. We'll all be pulling for you.
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Aug 5 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 12,246

Was that the year Jeff was driving the supercharged BMW. He ran that car at LPR events down at the Marina and it was very fast.

His shop is just down the street from my place.

Good Luck at the Nationals. We'll all be pulling for you.

Nope-Talking about the year that Jeff and Stacy both won in their teener.Hadn't looked back but I think it was '92 ish.
Looking forward to meeting people from this forum.I'll be able to find Brit,Grant (next to in grid),Leeds, and Jim Murphy.I hope that the others (from this forum) will find us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
JJackson
PS- We will be fast-the car is really good.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:50 PM