Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Learn from others....never assume it is right, Lessons learned on FI D-jet
914_teener
post Jun 25 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

So after re-habing the whole D-jet system including a beautiful Bowlsby harness and rehabing and checking ALMOST every other FI related part on my car fired it up a couple of weeks ago. Keep in mind I had driven my car for a couple of years with no major problems until my MPS went out.

Well just couldn't get the car to idle right and then it would stall and flood......besides I noticed it seemed to be running rich.......MPS right????? It is brand freaking new! Did I check all the vacum leaks.....Couldn't figure it out...spent hours after work at night in the garage, checking resistance on CHT ect ect......last night after no success I decided F...it I need to start over and check the parts I haven't looked at or tested yet....since the car ran great before....I figured I didn't need to. WRONG...WRONG.....WRONG... NEVER ASSUME that A PO has done something right!

Started with the mechanics...compression...spot on 130 each cylinder...hmmmm fuel pressure...didn't have a gauge. Harbor Frieght 29 bucks.

Fuel pressure......45 freaking pounds!

That was it....idles like puss!

Going to get a beer now.

Moral of story:

Be smart, and listen to and learn from others and don't assume the person before you did it right.

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 12:43 AM