Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original 914 Ad's
Steve73
post Jul 21 2011, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Photographer/Shade Tree Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,269
Region Association: South East States

These are really nice. Since I'm posting them here I thought I'd put a link where the original ads are being sold. (Not by me) I especially like the surf board ad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1972-Porsche-914-The-S...d-/110668066353

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=267
599]

Attached ImageAttached Image

The modern version of the 914 surfboard ad:
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 21 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Thanx for posting this Steve.

Awhile back I started a topic here in O&H about the old 914 ads from back in the day. Feel free to add any new ones you come across.

BTW - there are several evil-bay vendors at any time selling these period magazine ads, & they vary in prices for essentially the same thing - ads cut from old magazines, so it makes sense to do a eBay search for 914 & find them all to shop for best prices. This guy may be on the high side from what I recall.

FYI - unless it's my internet connection here on the road - it looks like one or more of your ad pix didn't take when You loaded them, so you may have to edit your first post's pic uploads.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
///////
+Quote Post
Steve73
post Jul 21 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 21 2011, 03:10 PM) *

Thanx for posting this Steve.

Awhile back I started a topic here in O&H about the old 914 ads from back in the day. Feel free to add any new ones you come across.

BTW - there are several evil-bay vendors at any time selling these period magazine ads, & they vary in prices for essentially the same thing - ads cut from old magazines, so it makes sense to do a eBay search for 914 & find them all to shop for best prices. This guy may be on the high side from what I recall.

FYI - unless it's my internet connection here on the road - it looks like one or more of your ad pix didn't take when You loaded them, so you may have to edit your first post's pic uploads.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
///////

Yea or you can just find out what magazines the ad's came in and get those. I got 2 Road & Track Magazines for $5 on Ebay with 914's on the cover (ok 1 916 too)

All my images posted, though I had a time figuring out how to get it done.

Steve
+Quote Post
Steve73
post Jul 22 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Humm, I notice there are no Porsche crests on any of these cars. I believe I'll delete my old dilapidated one when I repaint my car (If I ever get that far with it)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 22 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #5

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 22 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #6

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Steve - on mine the one to the right of the green 914 with the babe talking her way out of a ticket - doesn't show up on my screen, only this....

EDIT - only the numbers show, but when I posted it alone it shows the metallic blue Surf 914, so maybe it's just a dupe post note? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
attachmentid=267599

Check if you have all the uploads accounted for, or missed one maybe? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

FYI - the hood Porsche Crest badge was only mounted by the factory on a couple of pre-production promotional models & 914-8's (2) & 916s IIRC - so that's why you're not seeing them in these later into production ads. However, lotsa owners had the dealers add them or did so themselves after they left the factory.

If you want to be a purist on originality, then you would remove it a fill (or get another clean hood lid), or keep it if you're less purist. However, if you look at the 914s in the past few Parades, many of them had hood badges and managed to win anyway. Not trying to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) for Pat, just stating the facts.
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Aug 28 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003

Picked up yesterday "The Mountain Porsche, The Surf Porsche, and The Action Porsche" magazine ads. Here's some more I've got that are 914 related:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Oct 14 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,484
Region Association: Northern California

Wow that brings back memories - I had that blue ad plus many more taped to my bedroom wall in the 70's.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:23 PM