Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Just died!
Ian Stott
post Aug 6 2011, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

I have a 73 2.0 (original fuel injection no mods other than newer stereo and fatter tires) and was heading out to a Car Show/BBQ with my main squeeze and the engine was just humming along beautifully at around 3400/3600 RPM and it just died, no warning, tach went to zero and there I was, stranded on the side of the highway. Up til now the car ran beautiful, I went on a couple of long trips last summer trouble free which built up my confidence in the reliability of my car, any ideas about what happened much appreciated. The teener is at a friends farm about 45 minutes from where I live, I was doing the tow rope method with my daughter driving her mothers car and me in the teener and it was pretty nerve racking as she had difficulty maintaining a steady pace and I was getting worried about all the tow rope jerks damaging the car so I didn't tow it all the way home. Could it be the points??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:12 PM