Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Changing Fan Belt in a /6 with A/C, Can't be hard, right?
iiibdsiil
post Jul 6 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

My fan belt is pretty loose on the 3.2. I figure for the extra $15, just replace it. Anyways, I have seen 911 belts done, kinda. I know there are the shims which you have to adjust accordingly.

So, my problems comes with the A/C and the shims. How does this work? Does each one have to be shimmed seperately, A/C and fan belt, or what?

Also, there is a special wrench for this too, correct? Since you have to take the center bolt out and not let the motor turn over?

Am I going to run into any problems with the fan being kinda close to the firewall? I know most of the /6 conversions, at least on the race cars, have a cut out in the firewall to make life easier. I a willing to do this at some point, but the belt is starting to scare me now.

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

- Brett Smith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:46 PM