Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Political/Religious Stuff, Just what we need. Another thread.
Howard
post Jul 7 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

Ok, after not such careful review of the recently closed threads, Admin seems to close them when they become bigoted or downright nasty. I'll bet that was the case with some of Alfred's stuff, though I didn't get to read much.

IMHO. Don't see a liberal or conservative trend on the closures. If you do, you may be over sensitive. The avatars, within limits, are personal expressions, and the adult stuff should be labeled as such. No problems here.

Insults with smileys are great, especially if they are clever (thank you, Slits). But I am sick of hearing how all the problems of the world are caused by rag heads, spics, beaners, niggers, wops, chinks, and slopes. Take it from a kike, I've been on the receiving end and it sucks.

We have Latino members. Someone wanna explain to them why they are responsible for the new smog laws? Or how a Christian who bombs innocents in the name of God is better than a Muslim who does the same?

Going to dinner and a movie (not F911) now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jul 7 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 7 2004, 05:24 PM)
Going to dinner and a movie (not F911) now.

The new SpiderMan was great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I was fat & was refered to as Fat Albert.

Still a little overextended (Dunlop disease) But, WTF, I got a 914. Kinda makes me fat & happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

.......b
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jul 7 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

So... what movie are you gonna see?

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jul 7 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #4

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've said it once & I'll say it again...

Jeroen, I Luv yer TITS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

.....b
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Jul 7 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #5

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

What really gets my ass is the fact that...

that I won't have my race car ready for Watkins Glen this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
The season is past half over and I haven't been out yet.
On the plus side I think I will be ready for Lime Rock on the 24th. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As far as politics and religion -
I already know who I'm not voting for.
And all believers in all religions are far from perfect as far as I can tell.
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Jul 7 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,398

Ahhh.. I don't get the solution.... is there one?

I haven't posted on a political or religious topic.... yet.... and may never....but if I do, will I be banished from the list for 3 days for the first infraction?... 5 days for the next... or only if it gets out of hand?...

Under the current scheme, the list moderators wipe out some thread they think is offensive ... so that already gives them final editorial authority of sorts...

Now are they going to codify that authority with a list of religious and political words and names that cannot appear in a post... or else... with the "or else" list to follow as well?..... That will make the admin's feel better about deleting a post and will make the poster feel worse because they violated the posting rules... or if your post is automatically tossed by some filter it will make names like GBsh appear instead of George Bush.

Seems like the admins are already in control if they want to be.... just use your editorial common sense judgement if things get out of hand... or if you can't do that... then go ahead and set up the 914club homeowners association speaking rules... and add to them as time goes on....

I say if you can't mention God or politicians... we should not be able to swear or make lewd comments in a post or in an avatar since that is offensive to some...(I have the avatars turned off already since I mostly view stuff at work or at home with kids looking over my shoulder and I am almsot always logging in via a goverment supplied laptop).... or the racial remarks that Howard mentioned...those should be all disallowed in the rules since they are offensive to some...

I have a lot to say about God and politics, but I save it mostly for other arenas... never-the-less I do get a kick out what others have posted... sometimes well thought out, sometimes irrational flaming and offensive... but hey.. that's life... especially on the web were lots of people seem to say things they would never say to someone face to face...

Just keep doing you job Admins....

That's my vote...
+Quote Post
red914
post Jul 7 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #7

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

Howard, i have to say i love your signature. is it yours, or did you pick it up somewhere along the way? mind if i print it and show my wife? i especially like the part about skidding sideways to a stop...

Bruce, while i am at it, i must say i have admired, and quoted yours for quite awhile. thanks for enriching my life a little bit with some wit.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 7 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #8

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Well put. As Brad says - this is a family site. IMO if you can't understand the concept go hang out somewhere else.
+Quote Post
swood
post Jul 7 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 251

I just have one small comment to make. I don't want to get into the political/religeous ping pong that goes on, it's just futile.

But I wonder why so many people here caringly, and lovingly respond with best wishes and promises to "remember so and so in their prayers" and so forth when it seems like when someone is not in dire need of such caring/prayers the "religious-ness" gets blasted, and vehemetly so.

I'm truthfully touched by so many of the comments made to Quarl for Hunters sake and of late, Trekkor and his family.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just making an observation. I'm a Christian, I believe in the Bible and it is a filter for all I think and do. My heart goes out to those that are in need and are suffering, but also realize that in the Word it says that God does not hear the prayers of the ungodly. (Isaiah 1:14-15) But does hear those that fear and believe in him (Hebrews 5:6-8). You can't have it both ways.

Like I said, just making an observation.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jul 7 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4

there is/was no jesus or god.

just my observation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jul 7 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #11

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Honestly I DO enjoy a good blatantly OT discussion sometimes. There are a lot of highly-educated, articulate, and opinionated (DUH!) people amongst the p-car community.

The Pelican board has a rather active and lively OT area and has "mostly" managed to train the users to post any non-P stuff on that sub-board. Those that break the rules will often find their posts "moved" almost instantly and learn from that experience (except Alfred). The Pelican OT board actually has had many posts that contained valuable and enlightening info that I have enjoyed seeing, even in cases where I may not have agreed with all of the content.

I'm not saying that this board also needs/wants an OT discussion board as the Pelican one is more than plenty for my free time available for such things, but I definitely agree that COMPLETELY OT/POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS discussions DON'T belong on our main 914 technical board! If I am in the mood to read OT content, I would rather select it by choice than have to wade thru it when I am really looking for something completely opposite!

So I'd prefer to either see a serious crackdown by the admins (sucks, I know) or a separate board that would be honored by the 914club family as the proper forum for OT threads...
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Jul 7 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 506

I don't mind God. But his Fan Clubs are killing me.

Not me, just some bumpersticker.

I'm tired of religion. I only see the damage, not the good.

Spiderman 2 was good.
+Quote Post
swood
post Jul 7 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 251

QUOTE(Hawktel @ Jul 7 2004, 08:32 PM)

Not me, just some bumpersticker.

I'm tired of religion. I only see the damage, not the good.

Where do I start with that one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ok, so I go to Sacramento this morning, and the bus taking me to the rental cars...no joke...is bus number 914!!! My first thought was to post it here as an OT thread...what a geek I am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Howard
post Jul 7 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #14

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943

QUOTE(Hawktel @ Jul 7 2004, 08:32 PM)

Red914, 'borrowed it', as I will Hawktel's bumper sticker. Saw 'Terminal'. Good for chick flick.

Thanks all for not kicking my ass on this.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jul 7 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #15

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

No one is going to have their ass kicked.

We just don't get it, do we?

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:47 PM