Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 leaning, struts???
Aaron Cox
post Jul 9 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

oouch.. bent tie rod/ bent a arm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
86motoman
post Jul 9 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,064

QUOTE(bondo @ Jul 9 2004, 02:33 PM)
Hold on, that may not be the case. Of course if you level the front (by wahtever means) you will either twist the car, or level the rear. If you had to jack the front way in the air, and the rear is way down, it could still be something in the rear, but now the left side is holding the whole rear off the ground. In theory if it's just the front you should be able to level it out by jacking the front back up to normal ride height, but you will have to do it as close to the tire as you can. (obviously if you jacked it up closer to the middle, you would have to go way up to add enough twist to get it level) Ideally you would want to lift the right front tire, but that may be hard.. maybe jack it up and set the tire down on some blocks?

Okay...I put the front left wheel on blocks. Don't have the camera with me at the moment. First I blocked it up about 12". That was to much. The whole car was leaning the opposite way. I lowered it down to a 6-7" block. That was just about right. There the rear was level. The front was almost level, leaning slightly to the left. Though the front was still a little high. About 2-3inches high. Keep in mind the bumper, hood spare tire...has all been taken out of the front end, as well as other misc...body pieces.

It's definitly closer. If I can get the front end down 2inches.

Is there any other kind of tests we can do? Or is it time to start tweaking on the front end?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:27 PM