Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good times at 2011 Porsche Parade
Thoward914
post Aug 18 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,376
Region Association: Southwest Region

Left the 914 at home in exchange for comfort and drove the wife's 03 Boxster to Savannah for parade. Had a great time and turned in some good times in the autocross. Ran the Boxster in Showroom stock class (S02) and took first place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) . The drivers in second and third were previous Parade winners. I was able to win class on my first run.
http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/Autocr...Finals_2011.pdf
Five years of autocrossing the 914 pays off. The wife (Robyn) did great also, she took first place in S02 ladies class. She beat the second place driver by more than two seconds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
We had never autocrossed the boxster before Parade. It was just purchased the end of May.

And of course the fastest time of the day was a 914. Driven by Leeds Gulick.

Attached Image
Attached Image

I finished third in the Tech Quiz on 914's, class Q06M. I was beat out for second place on tie breaker questions by Manny Alban, the PCA National President.
http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/Parade2011TechQuiz.pdf

I have to give credit for the good finish to the group here online and Clay Perrine, my 914 mentor.

The wife had such a good time she gave the ok to go next year to Salt Lake City.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
bandjoey
post Aug 18 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #2

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

ONGRATS CONGRATS TO U BOTH!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 06:41 PM