Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Does anyone here do laser cutting?
chunger
post Jul 9 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on list has or has access to laser cutting equipment. I am trying to cut inlay material for electric bass guitar headstocks.

The material I need to cut is .050" thick composed of an abalone shell face bonded to a composite backing. I do not know what kind of graphics files I would need to provide for the cutting process. I'm clueless. Thought I'd ask to see if someone can set me up to cut about 10 inlay pieces roughly the size of a quarter out of sheet material that is roughly 2"x4".

This way, I would be set for quite a while as I don't make very many instruments. This one crept up on me because it's a wedding present for a friend. Thought I'd go ahead and make it real purrrrty.

-'Chung
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
chunger
post Sep 28 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 133

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Sep 28 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Super cool!!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:38 PM