Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't you see it's not running you $%@!, Funn day at lunch
Kerrys914
post Jul 9 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

My 914 bucked a few time on the way to lunch today.. I figured it was in a bad mood so I made a mental note to check things over this weekend but kept driving. Had lunch, jumped into the teener and headed back to work. About 5 blocks from my house, as I stopped to turn onto a semi-busy street, the teener dies:( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Okay no big problem happens every now and then...Tried to start her up and NOTHING... The traffic was too loud so I couldn't hear anything click or buzz from the fuel pump. (This is my first thing to check). Picked up the phone to call the wife, needed someone to help with the future traffic issues.

As I am running though the common issues in my head to check out I start getting honks! Honks! and more Honks!. By this time I am waving cars around me as I am checking fuses. Still honking as they can CLEARLY see cars going around me..WTF (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) . It’s 90+ degrees outside, my car doesn’t run, I feel like a loser, I need to be to work in 5 mins, and I really don’t need them honking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Once there was a break in the traffic I pushed the teener back, about a block, to a side street. 5mins later after some side of the road wrenching she is running again. Seems the SCO, Stupid Current Owner, forgot to put the screws in the relay board and it came off the supports. Once I put it back on the supports and found a screw to fit ( I have tons of them in the car) it started right back up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) , fuel pump issues from the relay board.

I love these cars.. Can you believe my wife wanted me to call a tow truck... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Not a chance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I am going to stay with my girl until she is fixed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Cheers
Kerry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jul 9 2004, 04:02 PM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I love a story with a happy ending... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
sgomes
post Jul 9 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Electric Member

Member No.: 2,029

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Reminds me of a time I helped a stranded lady. Her car quit and no one was helping her at all...just driving around her and honking! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) So I helped her push it to the side of the road and would you believe people were driving around us ON THE SHOULDER!!!!! WTF?!?! AND honking!!!

I just don't get people sometimes.

Shannon
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 9 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Honey, It's a 914. We don't need no stinken tow truck. Just give me a hair clip And were back in business. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 02:27 AM