Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Starter not starting wen ah start it, Runnnn Forest...Runnnnn!!!!
Steve Thacker
post Jul 9 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #1

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Group: Members
Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Dear Abby,
Just thought I would throw a little problem to the wind an see if you would have a clue.
I have a 73 2.0 that just loves to gravatate my ass near insanity with not wanting to kick over recently.
ALSO, when I turn on the headlights, the center volt guage goes to the left in a big hurry. I know this spells a short ...somewhere...OK I have two issues. Grenade?!

Symptoms:
Usually starts just fine, however it takes spells and the only way to get the car to fire over is ,..pop it in neutral, turn on the key and then get in the back and jumper a screwdriver between the yellow and power lead going to the starter. Turning on the key, basically the fuel pump comes on but the starter won't engage.

$@#$ing car!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Items conditions standing:

1.\ New Starter
2.\ New plastic ignition switch
3.\ New / slightly used ignition switch tumbler w/key (Thank you Bill Whitesides)
4.\ Factory grounds on the tranny new and then another new ground from the battery to where the engine and tranny bolt together.

What I have done:

1.\ I replaced all the wires to the fuel pump when I moved it to the front trunk. However this in the past also had/has spells and the pump refuses to come on "intermittant".
It appears ok for the time being... I think... I have the pump issue resolved with a relay replacement.

2.\ Checked all my grounds, fuses, "but" not any relays if indeed it has/needs one.

3.\ Cursed like a drunken sailor and I'm getting better at it too! Ain't that someth'in?!

4.\ Threatened it by promising if it doesn't cut this crap out right now:

a.) I'm going to use it in a improvised munitions demonstration! Rest assured, they will find parts all the way to Cleveland. Some may even get a speeding ticket. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

b.) I would smashing the son-of-ah-beech into a high speed toaster that coasts well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

c.) Leave it to a ex wife,..they deserve each other.
"The ex wouldn't start most of the time either after the first bite of wedding cake."

Grouchy today am I not?.....Apologies, rough day at work.

Signed,

Po 914 lacky in OHIah
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:28 AM