Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turn signal switch again
Joe Ricard
post Jul 9 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

So I ordered the turn signal from PP. I got a 72-74 piece Not sure what I should do. The whole thing is terminated with a plug. I assume the later cars have a corresponding plug inside the column.

Since I know the car has been "jerry wired" I don't know if there should be a plug in my 70 model also?????

I probably can solder each wire to the pin and cover each connection with heat shink. I like the idea of the plastic guide which would have prevented my original problem pinched wires in the column.

Somebody said they had a early switch (Guess I should check my old messages). on a shelf so what does it look like? plastic guide or no.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 13 2004, 09:07 PM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Update. and close out. 1st No the 72 and later switch is NOT a perfect fit. The fat plastic plug won't slide into the column. So cut it all off and solder splice all wires together. heat shrink good to go all wires fit down the bottom hole/tunnel in the column which is cast aluminum. get to the switch fitting the hole NOPE square tang piece needed dremel action.

Finally everything back in. still don't work but now symptom is different. Changed out relay and we got blink blink for the 1st time since I got the car. Now I just have to remember to use them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 10:00 AM