Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> building a 1911 from a 1.7, will my existing heads work?
Montreal914
post Nov 2 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 2 2017, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 2 2017, 07:14 PM) *

About 30 years ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I had a 1776cc type 1 (Beetle) which was 69 x 90.5.
They were CIMA pistons. Could this be what this old thread was referring to? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Yes I found those Kits are still available.
I was unaware a T1 cylinder could be mated to a T4 case. Arent the registers ..smaller?
@Dave yes I should have used "Rods / crank to attain" a 78.4mm stroke.
So as Jake likes to say , its all in the Combo...?

I was only referring to the pistons being 90.5mm. I don't think type 1 cylinders would fit a type 4 engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Apr 12 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 26 2015, 06:49 AM) *

It'll require some tweaking of the MPS, and possibly other adjustments.

--DD

I am running D-Jet on a 1911. Without modification, it actually did work well, but then I ran into a problem as my MPS diaphragm deteriorated and the vacuum seal became more compromised. Naturally that would cause a problem no matter what. But when I put in a refurbished MPS with a perfect seal I had the same hesitation Problem only much worse, about which there is a thread here that I began, and the solution was to swap the yellow 1.7 injectors to the higher volume green ones which came with the 2.0 Liter D-Jet. So, apparently, the fact that it worked well at first seems to perhaps been a fluke, with the imperfect MPS vacuum seal having been coincidentally in just the right „range“ that the system sent out a mixture that worked well for the 1911 displacement.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:37 AM