Some TIPS for posting ADs here ...
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
We've established the following guidelines to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- Please put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment.
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
Some TIPS for posting ADs here ...
Jul 12 2004, 03:46 PM
Joined: 21-January 03
From: Oakland, Kalifornia
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California
1) AD Title:
each of the forums above is for "For Sale" and "Want To Buy" at the same time.
PLEASE make sure you add either "FS" or "WTB" to the title of your AD ...
2) Email Notifications:
if you subscribe to a forum, you will get a email every time someone posts a new thread.
if you subscribe to a thread, you will get a email every time someone posts a new reply.
so, if you want to watch a certain forum, let's say "914 Memorabilia FS/Wanted", you subscribe to that forum and you get an email every time a new item is listed.
if you are a seller and you posted an AD you can subscribe to your own AD and you'll get an email every time someone posts a reply to your AD.
3) Scam & Fraud:
be aware of any transaction that involves a buyer sending you more money than you asked for.
This is always a Scam!
it's commonly refered to as the "Nigerian Scam" but has now become very common on any type of online lists and classifieds.
it's usually along the lines of a potential buyer overpaying you and "kindly" asking you to refund him the overpaid money.
their checks are no-good and will bounce 2-4 weeks down the road and you're out the money you sent overseas.
don't do it! instead report those buyers to us, the admins, for proper handling!
4) Your Email and other personal Info:
is safe with us! you don't need to display your Email-Address or Telephone number, unless you want to publish either here in a public forum.
everybody who is a member of this BBS can email you simply by clicking on the "Email" button on the bottom of each of your posts.
and even then they won't get your Email-Address, unless you actually respond to their inquiry ...
thank you very much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Jul 12 2004, 04:06 PM
Hold my beer and watch this sh*t.
Joined: 24-December 02
From: North Alabama
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch
Ladies and Gentlemen, if I can add to what Andy posted...
- No spamming from Nigerians, Type-at-Home Schemes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) , and other crap like that, please.
- Please confine eBay ads to the proper category so we don't have to move them for you.
- Ads without action expire within the timeframe listed. So, no need to go in and delete.
- We still ask users to manage their own ads if they post a laundry list of stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
- If you get spammed (Nigerian scams, etc) by a registered user, please report it to the Admin team (SirAndy, Gint, McMark or myself). We will investigate and take appropriate action.
P.S. 914world.com does not control the content of advertisments, nor are we responsible for any problems with sales-gone-bad. Please report problems or abuse to your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman... or any Admin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 25th April 2017 - 05:50 AM|
|All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community!
We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ...