Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blaupunkt speaker connector, Anyone have one?
GeorgeRud
post Aug 30 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

After years of use, it's time to reinstall the original Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio into my 914-6. The Sony cassette radio just doesn't do the trick anymore!

Does anyone have any information on what the original speaker connector is or looks like? There is a DIN plug on the back of the radio, as well as two holes for a speaker connector, but it's a size that I haven't seen before, and the original connector is long gone.

Someone once mentioned that there is an iPod cable that Canberra also connected into the back of this unit, any info would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Aug 30 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

Please post a pic of the jacks.
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Aug 30 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

The Blaupunkt speaker connector were a single round pin with a single flat blade next to it. I have a few left around, I'll post pics latter this evening.

I don't know the Frankfurt Blaupunkt but I would be suprised if an iPod could be connected to any old Blaupunkt stereo. Never saw any accessory input on any of the old Blaupunkt stereos. Some had out puts for an amp.

Jim
+Quote Post
zonedoubt
post Aug 30 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #4

Canadian Member

Member No.: 696
Region Association: Canada

It's a 2-pin inline DIN connector, e.g. http://www.rpelectronics.com/358-120-1-din...pin-inline.html

Any good electronics supply shop will have them.

As for the AUX input, you can make your own adapter like I did, following the diagrams below (stereo or mono depending on what type of Frankfurt you have). Or there are some eBay sellers offering adapters.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Aug 30 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks for the help! I don't see a spot for the flat part of the connector, but I will recheck. The DIN connector should allow me to attach an iPod to the radio, which should bring it into the current century while still keeping the vintage look.

Somehow, all the current crop of aftermarket radios don't have a vintage look, and I don't like the boy racer look with all the whiz bang graphics.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 04:10 PM