Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Removing ignition (steering) lock, Any gotchas?
campbellcj
post Jan 14 2003, 01:05 AM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Gotta do it fairly soon. It's actually not required AFAIK by my local track groups, but seems like a damn good idea and also removes another minor inconvenience (the locked steering) when pushing the car around or working on the front end.

Is it really obvious once you pull the steering column stuff apart -- which I've done once before -- or any gotchas/tricks involved?

I will probably replace the ignition switch and key while I'm in there. The keys I got from the PO are in pathetic shape. The original black key has like no teeth...looks more like 90 years old than 30 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
campbellcj   Removing ignition (steering) lock   Jan 14 2003, 01:05 AM
Brad Roberts   No gotcha's. I physically pull the whole asse...   Jan 14 2003, 01:50 AM
Dave_Darling   I've heard of people (mostly 911 folks, LOL...   Jan 14 2003, 12:21 PM
campbellcj   Thanks guys - I have done the ignition switch (ele...   Jan 14 2003, 12:27 PM
Brad Roberts   I remove the cancel and trim the "staulks" back on...   Jan 14 2003, 04:51 PM
campbellcj  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:52 PM