Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loose Wheel Studs, Is this typical?
SirAndy
post Apr 25 2003, 04:59 PM
Post #21

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

why do we have 4 threads with the same title?
did that happen during the BBS hickups last night???

Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
airsix
post Apr 25 2003, 05:29 PM
Post #22

I have bees in my epiglotis

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

QUOTE(Demick @ Apr 25 2003, 02:36 PM)
What I DID say is that the thin part of the late 914 hub (which you claim is too thin), is the same thickness as the entire hub of the early 911's (which used the same rear press-in studs). If Porsche decided that this thickness was appropriate for a car with twice the HP and a few hundred extra lbs of weight, then I think they will be satisfactory for my 95hp 914.

Demick
'74 2.0

Somebody call Rich Johnson. He knows. He will do the conversion on both early or late hubs. If I recal, he told me the difference in thickness between the thin part of late 914 and early 911 hubs was in the thousanths (ie. negligable)

-Ben M.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Apr 25 2003, 05:32 PM
Post #23

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2003, 04:59 PM)
why do we have 4 threads with the same title?
did that happen during the BBS hickups last night???

Andy

Sorry Andy - My dumbass fault. I got an error message last night when I sent my original post, so I re-sent it several times, seemingly to no avail, and then suddenly a few minutes later, the posts starting popping up.

Next time I get an error message, I'll just put my message in a bottle and drop it in the Cimmaron River - you'll get it eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But since this thread is still alive, I still have a question. What is the torque setting I should used on both the fusch alloy lug nuts and the open-end steel lug nuts? I change my wheels all the time from street to competition and want to insure I'm setting them properly.

In fact, the comp wheels are going on tomorrow for this weekend's autocross. It will be the first AX with all of the recent changes I've made to my car.

Once I have resolved my loose stud problem, I'll pass on any info that seems useful. Thanks to all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 03:42 PM