Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Guibos for V8 torque?, like the 917s
DougC
post Jul 16 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

Hey guy I have an idea to handle torque to the 901s from a V8. It involves a rubber guibo or flex disc. My E30 M3 has one that fits between the drive shaft and transmission flange. Now, I was looking through a book I recently bought entitled "917 the winning formula" all about the great Porsche race car and others like the 907, etc. A great book with lots of pictures and the inside scoop on the early racing successes - I highly recommend. In one of the shots you can see very distinctly 2 rubber flex discs (guibos)between the half shafts and tranny on the 917. I swear from the picture they looked just like the one on my M3. Of course major mods to the shafts and tranny flanges would have to be developed for our application but do ya'll think this would help torque issues. Maybe the BMW parts could be incorporated with larger CV joints? What would be some of the most obvious hurdles? TIA.

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:16 PM