Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Space Saver ?
Mark Henry
post Apr 30 2003, 06:15 PM
Post #21

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(anthony @ Apr 30 2003, 03:57 PM)
Are the 911 space savers spares only supposed to be used on the front or only used for a limited amount of mileage?

I ask because I just saw a Motorweek segment on space saver spares and one point they made was that often a space saver because of it's different height will constantly engage the differential like you are going around a turn. They said this could easily wear out the diff in short amount of miles. They recommended following all of the manufacturer instructions, like no more than 50mph and no more than 25 miles driven on it.

I was wondering if this would apply to a 914 differential.

Yep, these types of tires are for emergency only. My temporary spare even says 50mph 50 mile Max on the tire.

These are to get you to the next gas station or off the freeway, NOT to go AXing with! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Apr 30 2003, 06:27 PM
Post #22

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

Is there a concern here for lack of trunk space? I suppose if you carry all your tools and spares (clutch cable, alt. belt, plugs, points, bulbs, fuses, throttle cable....etc.) . Even still, there's alot of room for your stuff in these cars, even with the full sized spare, isn't there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 30 2003, 08:24 PM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Apr 30 2003, 04:27 PM)
Is there a concern here for lack of trunk space? I suppose if you carry all your tools and spares (clutch cable, alt. belt, plugs, points, bulbs, fuses, throttle cable....etc.) . Even still, there's alot of room for your stuff in these cars, even with the full sized spare, isn't there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I think most want it so they can run a big F'in oilcooler and still have a spare and a bit of room left over. At least it's my reason. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:18 PM