Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rocker Geometry Questions
tornik550
post Sep 22 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I have read Jake's valvetrain geometry article however I want to be very clear a bout a few things before I proceed.

The advertised lift of my cam is .503. I gone through the steps in the article many times, adjusting the pushrod length however the closest that I can get to the advertised lift is .478. That' right on the edge of the 5% rule. I have not checked my exhaust lift cause my cam does not have a split duration. Since I am on the very edge of 5% rule on the intake valve, I will surely be out of 5% with the exhaust valve. Are my numbers acceptable? If the numbers are not acceptable then what do I do since I cannot get the lift any closer to the advertised numbers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 22 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Even if you don't have split duration you still have to check the exhaust side because you never assume anything in engine building and yiou quantify everything.

Check lift at the lobe and multiply that times the rocker ratio. That will be the highest possible number that you can attain lift wise.

This cam sounds like an 86C, if so it should be .507 at the intake valve, you'll be hard pressed to see more than .490 out of the exhaust.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:50 PM