Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Pump, Does Napa have one
Ian Stott
post Sep 25 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Did someone post Napa had a Bosch Fuel pump same part number as the one for our cars??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Owensby
post Sep 25 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #2

JoeO

Member No.: 5,385
Region Association: South East States

I am not sure about NAPA, but Advance auto has a Bosch in-line pump for 1976 year model. Cost is about $300. This one has only two ports, and I think it was used in later models where the pump was located in the front of the car. I have had one on my 1973 car for about 25,000 miles now. I think I paid a lot less than 300 for it, but It has been 3 or so years. I mounted it up front where the newer cars have theirs located. I bought a used cover panel that holds the pump, and allows access through the front trunk firewall without having to remove the fuel tank. JoeO
+Quote Post
Joe Owensby
post Sep 25 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #3

JoeO

Member No.: 5,385
Region Association: South East States

NAPA also has a Bosch pump for a newer model year 914. check napaonline.com
JoeO
+Quote Post
skaufmann
post Sep 25 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Blissfully Ignorant

Member No.: 13,123
Region Association: Southern California

Yes the Napa pump is N69133. This pump is used in a lot of different vehicles. Here is another 914world post that talks a bit about it.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...131436&st=0

Here is where I ordered mine.
http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/Catalog/N...earch/-/n69133/

Its the same Napa Bosch in-line N69133 pump NAPA is selling. D&M is selling it for $34.44 plus shipping. From NY to So Cal shipping was $16.16 so $50.60 to my door. My only complaint about the vendor was I had no clue of shipping cost when I ordered. I had to wait till my confirmation/invoice to find out. I would definitely order again, just would call next time to order.

Also, there's a lot of chat about this pump being an in-tank pump. It is both an in-line and in-tank capable pump. Instructions in the box are about installation in-tank. This is also the same pump used in in-line systems. The confusion brings questions about it's effectiveness in-line but everyone who has used it has not had problems. I have yet to drive with it as mine is still on jackstands but under no load, it holds 29psi no problem. Everyone else drives with it just fine.
+Quote Post
Prospectfarms
post Sep 26 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,801
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Its been a good pump. If you are replacing a three-hole pump as I did you can ""T" the two returns. Someone recently wrote that the price had gone up?
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Sep 28 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #6

Napa in Canada doesn't have it, however if we knew what other vehicles it is used on I might be able to get it that way by crossreferencing. Do you know what other vehicles use this pump? Are there any other fuel pumps out there that are a good substitute?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
Prospectfarms
post Sep 28 2011, 05:54 AM
Post #7

I've no idea what application, but follow this link for the DM website mentioned above.

http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/Catalog/N...earch/-/N69133/
+Quote Post
budk
post Sep 28 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #8

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm a little confused... will this pump work with a 74 FI 2.0 engine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Sep 28 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

I got one at NAPA with next day delivery for about a hundred bucks.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Sep 28 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #10

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Sep 28 2011, 05:19 AM) *

Napa in Canada doesn't have it, however if we knew what other vehicles it is used on I might be able to get it that way by crossreferencing. Do you know what other vehicles use this pump? Are there any other fuel pumps out there that are a good substitute?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Volvo p1800 ES from 73.

That is how I found it...Delco also makes one that works fine...same setup and same output, but cheaper.

I believe Alpha Romeos. merceded benz and nissan 280Z all used the same fuel injection pumps from the 70's

Mercedes and Volvo are the easiest ones to look up at the NAPA store.
Get him to open up the book of pumps.

Rich
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Sep 28 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #11

Ordered a new pump this afternoon, they are located in Long Island, very pleasant to deal with, should have it tomorrow! I am really looking forward to going to Owl's Head Maine for the 9th of Oct., just the drive from the Canadian/American border to Bangor will be worth the trip as all the leaves are turning colour now. James Smith is organizing the visit to Owl's Head and is including the car show in Bangor so lets hope we have nice weather for that weekend!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
Prospectfarms
post Sep 28 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Ian, Sorry for the rude question, but I have to ask what they charged since others have reported prices for the N69133 ranging from $29 to almost $100.

FYI to those who reference the Volvo P1800 ES application when ordering the pump. Be very specific about the year and model or, as I found out, you might receive the low pressure "substitute" pump that is listed in some books as suitable for all 1800's.

Also, be sure they don't charge you more than what the N69133 is listed for. NAPA is a franchise with different store owners as well as some company owned stores and their parts books can vary. I've also noticed what some call "dynamic pricing" on their web site depending on what application is called up, when sometimes the only difference is a small issue like the type of power terminal.

As far as using it on a 2.0, it shouldn't matter since, as Rich alluded to, the Bosch specification ("Bosch D-jetronic") for (the pump's) volume and pressure is the same for all 4 cyl. systems.
+Quote Post
ammason
post Oct 24 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,758
Region Association: Hawaii

I don't know if you're still looking for a pump, but these guys are for sale on eBay for $50 new including shipping. The listing says "more than 10" available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-76-PORSCHE-914-...5#ht_2595wt_768

I have no idea what the build quality is like, but the price (plus free shipping to Hawaii - I do love that eBay loophole) makes it look like a pretty good deal. Do you guys have any experience with "Hayg Bosch Walbro" (I'm guessing Hayg or Walbro) pumps? Run like hell towards or away from it?
+Quote Post
skaufmann
post Oct 25 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #14

Blissfully Ignorant

Member No.: 13,123

QUOTE(ammason @ Oct 24 2011, 10:54 PM) *

I don't know if you're still looking for a pump, but these guys are for sale on eBay for $50 new including shipping. The listing says "more than 10" available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-76-PORSCHE-914-...5#ht_2595wt_768

I have no idea what the build quality is like, but the price (plus free shipping to Hawaii - I do love that eBay loophole) makes it look like a pretty good deal. Do you guys have any experience with "Hayg Bosch Walbro" (I'm guessing Hayg or Walbro) pumps? Run like hell towards or away from it?

I don't know anything about Hayg or Walbro but I do know it's not Bosch. Not that everything has to be Bosch but why wouldn't you when you can get one for same price shipped from NY to CA.

Here is where I got mine. Again $50 with shipping to CA:
http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/Catalog/N...earch/-/n69133/

Only recommendation would be to call them up and order so you know your shipping. Closer you are to NY the cheaper I would expect.
+Quote Post
doug_b_928
post Mar 8 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 15,382

The N69133 is no longer on the NAPA website. Does anyone know if this pump is still available somewhere?
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post Mar 8 2018, 08:48 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(budk @ Sep 28 2011, 08:31 AM) *

I'm a little confused... will this pump work with a 74 FI 2.0 engine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Yes, I have installed up front on my 74 2.0 D-Jet
+Quote Post
cwpeden
post Mar 8 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #17

Great White North, huh?

Member No.: 6,693

I just installed this on a friends 73 2.0L

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-69133-Original-...t/dp/B000BZL8S2

Has a big suction port though so you'll have to adapt. But if you get the filter with a big port then its just a bigger piece of hose between the two.

Mine didn't come with any of the hardware though? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Just a bare pump.

Amazon prime=free shipping
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 8 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #18

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

As a cheap alternative to the no longer available 311906091d three port fuel pump fitted to 70-74 914 fours, we had made an exact replica of the 75 76 pump and sell it for the early cars as a conversion, complete with the square fuel filter and conversion hose. Fits in the exact location works perfectly and is only 99.50 Also of course an exact replacement for the original 75 76 pumps. We also sell the rebuilt three port originals but they unfortunately are expensive.

Years ago I would always say when called and asked for a 914 fuel pump: "you don't need a fuel pump, they never fail!" Years later I had to eat my words. Most fail now from inactivity and locking up due to fuel contamination, as they are internally lubricated by the fuel running through them

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Sep 25 2011, 11:20 AM) *

Did someone post Napa had a Bosch Fuel pump same part number as the one for our cars??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
doug_b_928
post Mar 8 2018, 09:04 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 15,382

QUOTE(cwpeden @ Mar 8 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Has a big suction port though so you'll have to adapt. But if you get the filter with a big port then its just a bigger piece of hose between the two.

Mine didn't come with any of the hardware though? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Just a bare pump.

Thanks!! $83 CAD and free shipping = good deal!
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 8 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #20

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

The key is having the correct fuel filter and hose or the pump will not work. We provide the correct hose as well as the factory look fuel filter

QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Mar 8 2018, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(cwpeden @ Mar 8 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Thanks!! $83 CAD and free shipping = good deal!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:24 PM