Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alignment question, Amount of toe after Turbo tie rod installation
Bartlett 914
post Oct 15 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I installed the turbo tie rods today. I made up a temporary string setup and here is what I measured. My measurements were made at the rim not the tire.
Drivers front. .062 toe in
Passenger front .070 toe in

Drivers rear .033 toe out
Passenger rear .062 toe in

I made no adjustments on the rear. I intend to make a better string setup. I will tackle the rear then. I am just unsure about where I should be measuring. If I am to have 1/8 total toe in the front and this is to be measured at the outer diameter of the tire, then I have too much toe. It seems there are so many different measurement methods, I get confused. Measure at the rim. measure outer diameter of the tire and of course degrees. I have been having problems with my car eating tires. The fronts would scallop. I had is aligned at a tire shop last year and it was better but not fixed as I am trashing some tires after 10K. These are on the rear now and good tires are on the front.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:41 AM