Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clean your grounding points, What a great F ing idea! NOT!
Ctrout
post Aug 7 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

So i decided that the car is running well enough that I can start getting to some of the more minor maintenance needs. Time to clean the ground points right? Start with the easiest ones first. I go for the negative battery cable. The ground point stud is rather rusty so I hit it with some WD-40. I start loosening the nut and then it tightens up as I turn it. I change direction and tighten the nut back up, add more WD-40 and start again. I turn the nut, it gets difficult again, then the stud snaps off! Anyone want to buy a 914 cheap? Doesn't start at the moment but I promise it runs (for a while). So what now? Looks like I have to cut a hole through the sail panel to replace the stud. Anyone ever done this before? I swear I have never had such trouble with a car before in my life! Glad I didn't decide to replace vacuum lines, the engine probably would have exploded.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:16 PM