Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 parts deals gone Good
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 28 2003, 05:42 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

[mount soapbox]

Every once in awhile we have a good experience with a parts vendor and with so much bashing of various suppliers lately, I thought I would share a really good experience I recently had.

Over the last 4+ years I have bought many $$$ worth of parts from almost every 914 parts vendor, the vast majority have been good buys and a few have been regrettable. I want to continue supporting vendors who deliver what they say they have without surprises. As a seller, I have also sold many parts new and used…it comes with being a 914 owner I guess. I sincerely hope that all the people who have bought things from me are pleased, as I do this for fun. My customers are my friends and I want to help them out, not rip them off and to keep these great cars on the road for the next generation to enjoy.

So recently I bought some 914 parts off eEE’Bay from Brian Frenz known as jbfrenz. They parts were new, but turned out to be not to my satisfaction. Brian agreed to a refund, and they were shipped back. But somewhere en route, apparently the US Post Office decided to test the strength of my cardboard box to failure, and fail it did, and it was not insured (doesn’t the Post office carry liability insurance for their mistakes…?). Only 2 of the four parts made it back to Brian, which were delivered in an open box! (when the box exploded why don’t they at least try to pick up the pieces and repackage?) I am looking for a postal worker with 2 new 914 engine bay seals in his 914…if you know one who says he ‘found’ them, please contact me…

After Brian and I put this all together, he promptly returned my full payment including shipping costs both ways, even though I did not ask for, deserve or expect a full refund and that speaks volumes about a vendor to me. Talk about integrity. I will definitely go to jbfrenz next time, and anyone else who treats me like I am their only customer.

Moral: When we deal with a big 914 parts house, an individual seller or as customer, we need to accept responsibility for those things within our control, to under-promise and over-perform. Accurately and fully describe things for sale and be fair and honest, don’t exaggerate. Anything less is no fun for anyone, don’t be selfish or greedy, it will come around to bite you.

I wish all buyers and sellers could be reliable and have integrity at this level. Its what makes this still fun. If it ever becomes not fun, I will sell my 914…

[end soapbox]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morgan
post Apr 28 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 488

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Brian is a very straight guy. I know this because I have bought from him myself. I also live in the same area as him,give or take 40 miles.Gald you think the same and are willing to tell us
+Quote Post
Dave Cawdrey
post Apr 28 2003, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Dumbo going poop, Daddy :)

Member No.: 182

I am also a customer. Three [or more] excellent transactions. Last one was a complete brake line kit for 75 bucks... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Got that seal kit too
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 28 2003, 08:26 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Its good of you to honor good folks.

Most 914 people are good folks and the rest get reputations that stick with them.

As it should be.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
markb
post Apr 28 2003, 09:40 PM
Post #5

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

I've picked up a part or two from him in the past, also. As a matter of fact, just won two of his auctions today. It's nice to know he's as straight-up as I thought he was.
+Quote Post
Lawrence
post Apr 29 2003, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

Yep, I've ordered from JB, too. Nice guy.

-Rusty
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:38 AM