Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> BAD Fuel Leak--Watchout with CB ITB's!
wndsrfr
post Nov 29 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Running at VIR PCA DE event & had a major fuel leak on my 2316-4cyl with CB ITB's. See "Lifesaver" thread. So, I'm on the back straight chasing a Cadillac CTS-V & coming up the hill & it does a hiccup "pop"--hmmm whasis? Entering the rollercoaster session it's "pop-pop-pop..." so, fist out the window to pit & come in. Fuel pouring out from the driver's side #2 injector fuel rail. The rail had slipped up just enough to allow the o-ring to be bypassed and 43psi was hosing fuel into the engine compartment.
Cause--the single 8mm allen head bolt that holds the rail down against the fuel pressure had slowly worked loose enough to allow the o-ring to get bypassed. This mount (see the pics) with the center mounted bolt is perfectly set up to fail over time. The culprit is stiff fuel lines anchored to the body and engine vibration however small amplified by the length of the manifolds causes torque on the bolt. The lockwasher may actually exacerbate the problem. Remedy may be as simple as loctite, but I'm going to go for something more robust or at least some stiff wire hooks to be sure. Check yours now---not a pleasant experience!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:51 AM