Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SSI swap meet! I'm home now!
JRust
post Apr 29 2003, 11:01 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey thanks to all down in California! The swap meet itself was a little disappointing size wise. I was expecting something a little bigger. It was still cool though. I sold the 911 & had a good time. Met a lot of guys from this BBS at the meet. It is always great to put a face with a name! Brad thanks a ton! What is really amazing is I didn't buy a single part! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) I did buy a Weber carb book! Thanks Dave for bringing those! Sorry I couldn't make the NASA tour! Hopefully next time I'm down for something we can hook up again! Thanks again to all & sorry Jenny for not recognizing you. She was talking with my father in law about their Beagle. I had my mind elswhere & I didn't put her face with her picture (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) ! Anyway take care all & see ya soon! Maybe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 29 2003, 11:42 AM
Post #2

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

We should have all worn name tags!
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Apr 29 2003, 11:52 AM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I'm slowly receiving emails as to why there where not more people at the meet. The common answer (I thought it was going to rain) It was also only our second event. Next year I'll make sure that we have the half page ads running several months prior to the event. This year people where just barely receiving the magazine that had the ad in it a few days prior to the event. They hadnt even read them yet.

B
+Quote Post
post Apr 29 2003, 12:06 PM
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

maybe having a councours going on will drag more people to come by.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Apr 29 2003, 12:11 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Concour's suck. We disgussed it at lunch. Same cars every year winning the same thing. I walk right by it. I used to look at the cars...

The turnout was fine considering that CRAB was being held on the same weekend and that RGRUPPE has a big meet this coming weekend.

I'll have Jamie let us know when he attends a swap meet up there with more than 30 vendors...LOL

B
+Quote Post
krk
post Apr 29 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 22

btw, I think Anthony's idea of name tags is a good one! In reading who what there, there are a bunch of faces that I could have put to names that I didn't, which is a bit of a shame.

Oh, the real concours was the wevo table. I've heard about most of the articles on display (I went to the BA/Jerry Woods tranny class), but it was very cool to see them in person. I clearly need an excuse for a 915 tranny in my /6.... oh, and Meuller's bearings are clearly required as well.

kim.
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Apr 29 2003, 06:55 PM
Post #7

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

"Hey thats our excuse, "I thought it was going to rain" If you follow that philosiphy in Oregon you never go outside, OH wait, some people don't.LOLOLOLOL
Gary Emory has the 356 Campout in June and the Sunset Porsche swap meet in September bring a minimum of 20-30 vendors and more buyers and tire kickers than you can imagine. They both attract people sellers and buyers from Calif. Washington Canada, and the far east, with shuttles from Europe and Latvia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
CCLINSUNNYCAMP914
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Apr 29 2003, 07:53 PM
Post #8

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

Brad if you could get more of the differant local car clubs interested in making it an outing where people could just bring their cars out to show them off to everyone without a compatition. You could make it a chairty event for some local cause like Dunkels does. People love to see these cars and they would travel a long ways to Participate

Bernie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 29 2003, 08:00 PM
Post #9

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Yeah but Novato is in the middle of nowhere, Calif. Brad would have to have it further south of Sanfran.
Geoff
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Apr 29 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #10

914 Freak!

I'm not interested in making it any bigger. Just more buyers.

B
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 29 2003, 08:27 PM
Post #11

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Then you have to advertise more and longer so people know about it.
I thought there was just ok selection on parts, mostly the usual stuff. I didn't see much in the way of used late 80's 911 struts, conversion stuff, or sano 914 stuff.
The Wevo and Muellers booths were exceptional, that is what I never see. The rims at HPH were nice too.
Prices were all in all pretty cheap too compared to the NW. Parts at the John
Walker swap meet are way higher!
I liked the whole street blocked off, so you can stroll around with lots of room. Seemed like there was a late rush as people either got up or got done with church. Maybe have it on Saturday?
Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
joesfly
post Apr 29 2003, 09:59 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 150

Maybe you could do it on a day I could remember?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
DumbshitDumbshitDumbshit
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 AM