Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ho-hum, Another long & boring post
J P Stein
post Aug 15 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

An exercise in preventive maintenance.

Reading the net....you don't find this stuff here....guys are worried obout "excessive" wear on their Hoosier A3S04s....35 to 60 passes = toast.... I have around 90 passes on mine and, since I was under there checking the usual suspects, I'd better take a close look. Nope, bout 1/2 gone...nothing to look at here, folks...move along, now.

CV bolts tight....no carnage on the inner rear ears...oil still leaking from the case...ayup. Oil pressure isn't what it once was....humm, there's something to worry about. Don't wanna look at my tranny's magnetic drain plug...."Grind a Pound Chuck" really drilled it this last AX. Still shifts up and down ...1 thru 5
just fine, thanx. 6-7 more AXs to go....it'll prolly last.

Prolly ought to change plugs. These have been in there for 6 months....sigh.....think I'll go play on the puter instead (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post Aug 15 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,656

J P, I love the feeling when everthing is right in my 914 world. It runs perfect and I am Happy. Everything is prepped. I am glad that you are relaxing now. My hat is off to all the others that are working on there 914's right now. I have been there but i like it here with everything ready. Now to check on the head stud for my Carrera. Well at least the 914 is ready. Good luck at the AX's Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 10:29 AM