Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Leak Free Type IV, Pipe Dream?
thomasotten
post Aug 15 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,349

I was replacing a motor mount on my engine as I prepare to stab it back into the car. I got my hands full of oily grease crap. It just got me wondering about the possibility of a "leak free" motor. I started to look for leaks, and you know my engine didn't have any dripping leaks, it just gets coated with oil nevertheless. I know the real gushers are the pushrod tubes seals, and the oil cooler seals. But mine are fine, and my car doesn't drip any large amounts of oil. Obviously I have a small leak (or several leaks) that cause the engine, and engine compartment to get coated with gunk. Why the heck are these engines so dirty?

As I start to consider rebuilding, I want to know if it is possible to build the engine so it doens't leak. Period. Any tips?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
thomasotten   Leak Free Type IV   Aug 15 2004, 06:44 PM
newdeal2   I beleive it can be done with very careful assembl...   Aug 15 2004, 07:00 PM
seanery   Brad's assembly of my 2.0 was dry.   Aug 15 2004, 07:25 PM
silver2.0   Mine's dry. Use these ingredients: -casehal...   Aug 15 2004, 07:47 PM
ArtechnikA     Aug 16 2004, 09:10 AM
Jake Raby   we build leak free engines everyday.... It takes 1...   Aug 16 2004, 10:32 AM
ThinAir914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:50 PM