Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mother of all gas leaks
Neal
post Apr 29 2003, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 605

Check out the attachment doc

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Yesterday_driving_home_from_work_with_the_top_off.doc ( 63k ) Number of downloads: 190
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 29 2003, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

your attachement didn't work for me (there were 3 linebreaks added to the .DOC binary data). here's the post in plain text:

===============================================
Yesterday driving home from work with the top off (it was a nice day in Seattle) I had just stopped at a light and then started to smell GAS! I mean raw gas so I pulled off the road and popped the hood what I saw was lakes of gas in the engine tin and gas dripping from underneath the car. I said *$%^ and started to investigate, no loose gas lines or obvious problems so I started the car and watched, there was a stream of gas coming from the intake manifold on the passenger side Weber, I mean it was a stream the size of my daughters horse taking a piss !. I turned off the engine and tried to figure out what happened I thought possibly the manifold had split but I noticed on the other Weber there where these two inserts in the intake manifold so I checkd the leaking side and low and behold one of the inserts was missing I looked down on the engine tin and found the insert it kind of looks like the tip of a bullet, I used my Leatherman and stuffed it back in.
I drove home with no leak and then took a small flat tipped punch to reseat the insert.
It seems to be ok. My question is what the F*** are those for and why are they removable, I could have been a motorized funeral pyre.
Neal

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Neal
post Apr 29 2003, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 605

Thanks Andy, I hate Microsoft sometimes how, hard is to attach a word doc
Neal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:49 AM