Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4500 miles and no 914's seen :(, I'm back in California !!!!!
Mueller
post Aug 16 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Well, we made it to Louisiana and back home without any injuries, barely (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

While in the middle of nowhere in Texas on Hwy 10, I was trying to multitask (I was watching Last Action Hero starring the Gov.) and somehow put 2 wheels into the soft dirt/gravel on the fast lane side.....of course this woke up my wife who started to panic, I overcorrected which put us in the slowlane (oh yea, cruise control set at 80+mph and I never touched the brakes) and finally once the car stopped sliding all over the road, I was back in the fast lane.

Needless to say, that will be the last time I try to drive and watch the dvd player at the same time, I know, it was a stupid move, but luckly I learned my lesson without hurting/killing anyone....no traffic near us, so that was a godsend.....not too sure how well the Hyundai would have held up to a roll, but it was pretty darn stable and easy to keep it on the road when I really needed too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The work in Louisiana went well, I figured out our mold problem, it turns out that for some odd reason, I only insulated about 1/6th of the attic when we re-built the house, and of the insulation that was up there, it was installed wrong....so I took my fat @ss up to the attic and installed another 1000sq feet of insulation...I'm getting too damn old for this cr@p (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Anyways, glad to be back home, now this week I'll be dealing with the Antioch building inspectors for my workshop, hope that goes well so I can finally button things up and move my equipment in there and start making some 'chips and more 914 products (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Aug 16 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Glad to have you back in one piece, Mike!

Jen
+Quote Post
Carrera916
post Aug 16 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 273

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) oh krist! Mike!

Guess the idea of watching DVD & driving...don't mix very well!!!

well, glad you guys made it back and still in one piece....

I had a similar experience of not paying attention...but I was typing away on the pager at the traffic light and I thought the light had turned green which I stepped on the gas (& still typing away), only to find myself bumped into the truck's ass!...

talk about embarrassment on the spot!! jeez! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Hey, let me know if you need help with shop...just holler!

j (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)
+Quote Post
fiid
post Aug 16 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #4

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

Aye,

You are smarter than that.

Glad you are back and in one peice. How was the weather??

Let me know if you need help with the shop or anything.

Fiid.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 16 2004, 04:41 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

yep, stupid is as stupid does....everyone has a brain fart once in a while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) luckly for me, I was able to walk (or drive) away from mine, hahahaha

I could use some help hanging up some sheetrock once I get the approval from the city to close up the walls and getting my other mill and lathe into the shop is a multilple person job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

the weather sucked, humid and hot.....I have a hard time believing people move down to the South on purpose (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , you'd have to pay me big money to want to deal with nothing but flat boring roads and crappy weather (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Aug 16 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #6

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

you'd have to pay me big money to want to deal with nothing but flat boring roads and crappy weather

Why do you think they drive go fast trucks? lol

Glad your back! Now get working on that 914..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:40 AM