Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Internet Shopping, Best parts prices and services
tracks914
post Apr 29 2003, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

I see some parts dealers slammed every now and again on the web but who is a good dealer to buy new parts from?
I know of at least four of these but have not dealt with any of them other than to get free cataloges from them.
Automobile Atlanta
Pelican Parts
Performance Parts
Partwerks

There will be some major and minor purchases made in the next few months so where should I go?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Anton
post Apr 30 2003, 03:50 AM
Post #2

Royal Orange

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

QUOTE(kellzey @ Apr 29 2003, 06:49 PM)
Believe it or not Mittelmotor in Germany.

Well Karl, I certainly believe it. Moreover, they are my main source of 914 parts (new, used, or hard to find). They also make an effort to correct delivery failures (in my personal experience). Delivery of parts takes considerable time, even when not overseas. Take this into account.

Other sources:
- Porsche Classic GmbH; they certainly have NOS (and new stock). The 914 parts CD they issued some years ago is very helpful to see what still is available. Some prices are horrific; over $ 2000.- for a new rear brake caliper is absurd in my opinion.
- Your local Porsche or VW agent; it's amazing what they sometimes can come up with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) For instance, the 914 front wheel bearings are the same as those on the rear of a VW Golf. Many 914 parts are in fact Bug parts (part number starting with 311) or 411/412 parts. The above applies to Europe, don't know about the US.
- Tweeks Free catalogue. Haven't ordered from them yet.

For years it is rumoured that there still are large stocks of NOS in Germany. We'll see when that shows up. And at what price. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Happy parts hunting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:05 PM