Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.1L Bad Boy™ Engine Update ..., it's alive!
SirAndy
post Aug 18 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

after a few weeks of R & D the engine is finally running!

carbs completely rebuild, new fuelpump, new dizzy and a few more parts, tons of hours of swearing, tire kicking and head-to-wall pounding the car finally left Bill's shop this morning for her first prolonged testdrive.

WOW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) don't know how many HP but it sure feels like at least 563.28, dude (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

what a blast! no problem getting her loose through the first 3 gears, yipeeeh ...

now the bad part:
got to the gas station (after about 4 miles of spirited driving). while i fill her up a guy points to the car "dude, your car is loosing oil".
i look under it and WTF? *huge* puddle of oil and it's still pouring down!
i roll the car forward and sure enough, there's a quart of brand new swepco on the ground.
after some headscratching and a phonecall to brad the conclusion is that the main bearing is going bad (we knew that, you can hear it whine on decel) and now that i put that much more power through the tranny, the main shaft starts to "wobble" due to freeplay causing the seal to leak like a syphon ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

so, it's back to the shop for a tranny-rebuild ...

will this ever end, i ask you?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:00 AM