Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
stewteral
post Dec 30 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #101

Old Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,424
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:30 PM) *

Thought it would be a good idea to pull my oil pan (SBC) and fix some oil leaks with a new Felpro 1 peice pan gasket. Got it all together and oil poured out of the front pan seal worse than before. Turns out Felpro makes several types. Thick front seal / thin front seal. $35.00 later I bought the thick front seal, one peice gasket. got it all together, full of new oil and she's ready to run.
Took her for a run around the block, no leaks, all is good for now.
Any SBC's or V8's out there I recommend the one piece gasket, they seal like a champ and very easy to install, so easy I did it twice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Hey TC 914-8,

I've gone to the single rubber gasket on my SBC too.....but is there REALLY a Chevy that DOESN'T LEAK? My achilles heal seems to be the damned 2-piece main seal.

Best,
Terry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eddie914
post Dec 31 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #102

Unregistered

Working on the front brakes ... installing Wilwood Superlite II 4 piston calipers and 309mm x 32mm rotors.

It's a bit more than a "bolt-on".

sixnotfour fabricated custom rotor hats.

I'm close to getting the custom adapters finished.

There is some interference with the BBS e50 16 x 8 front wheels (bolts that hold the hoops to the center)

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Eddie
+Quote Post
VRROOMM1
post Dec 31 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #103

Member No.: 9,302
Region Association: South East States

rebilt carb and changed fuel filter
+Quote Post
rohar
post Dec 31 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 9,685
Region Association: None

I'm gonna get the v8 bolted into the car this weekend if it kills me. It just might.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Dec 31 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #105

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

New c.h.t. and injection points plate, reset timing. Smoooooth!!!!
+Quote Post
3d914
post Dec 31 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #106

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Building this . . .
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1191-1325195079.jpg)

to test & put this . . .
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1191-1241407062.jpg)

in here . . .
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1191-1207882655.jpg)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Dec 31 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #107

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Installed new front bushings. Still need to fine tune them but they are on the car now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Randal
post Dec 31 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

Went to get the car out of the garage and loaded on the trailer. Starter her up and had a miss. Well 3 hours later I think I have it fixed, but we'll see tomorrow morning.

Great way to start the year, heading down to the Marina for their first event of the year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post
rohar
post Dec 31 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #109

Member No.: 9,685

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 31 2011, 06:40 PM) *

Installed new front bushings. Still need to fine tune them but they are on the car now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

WOOT!
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Dec 31 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #110

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

I just (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) out of the LE. Christine gets her turn tomorrow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Okay fine, for all you people that think I never work on my cars and just drive them I did INSTALL new front euro lenses on the front of the LE today.
+Quote Post
partwerks
post Dec 31 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 6,787

Changed oil in it today and lubed the speedometer cable.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 31 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #112

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Played musical 914's & trailers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Started by pulling my trailer around the barn to the front. I loaded my Creamsicle in the trailer to paint the trunks. I can't get my barn warm enough to paint. I am doing the front & back trunks. So there is enough room to spray from the front & back. It took a little doing getting it in the trailer. I was by myself & while I got a new winch for xmas. I didn't have everything I needed to install it. So I said to myself hey I'll just start it & drive it up. So I dig around to find my keys for it. I find them & go out to start it. Oh yeah I don't have my pedal assembly in. I'm not ready to put it back in either. So it was back to thinking about how to get it in. I went ahead & started my LE to let it warm up. I decided to start it in 1st & drive it up. I turned it off a couple times on the way up. I didn't want to chance running into the front of the trailer. I don't have my ebrake hooked up either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I managed to load it without screwing anything up though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Next I moved my wrecked 74 into the bay in the barn. I'll start tearing into it soon.

Next I backed my trailer up parallel to the front of my barn. It is nice & close to go out to work on it. Plus easy to get power to it.

After that I got all my lights turned on in the trailer & hooked up some heat. Did a little work sanding the rear trunk & put one more coat of primer down. I am going to practice painting some tomorrow. If all goes well with that. I will shoot both trunks on monday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Jan 1 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #113

Member No.: 12,889

9 months full time restoration , around 1500 hours so far. . my goal was the have it done in one year. . and I spent the last day of 2011 stuffing the engine. . it's getting close. .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SUNAB914
post Jan 1 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #114

Member No.: 9,880

Washed both 914s and took each of them for a short drive. Both in garage so I can wax them tomorrow, maybe..
+Quote Post
dlee6204
post Jan 1 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #115

Howdy

Member No.: 5,956

I found out why my alternator wasn't charging completely and fixed it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then I took it for a nice long drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Jan 1 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #116

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 1 2012, 01:15 PM) *

9 months full time restoration , around 1500 hours so far. . my goal was the have it done in one year. . and I spent the last day of 2011 stuffing the engine. . it's getting close. .
WOW!!!! that is beautiful... very nice work.
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Jan 2 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #117

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492

i finally finished my engman stiffiner kit install. painted the interior and got everything put back together. now im ready for carpet.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i722.photobucket.com-12492-1325564493.1.jpg)

today i started build and early set of doors. im making them to use late window regulators. im gonna repaint them olympic blue. and put new rubber and felt. right now i have one late door and one early.....the ratteling is driving me crazy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i722.photobucket.com-12492-1325564493.2.jpg)
+Quote Post
RickS
post Jan 2 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #118

Member No.: 5,880

Bought an LED third brake light which I will tuck under the center of the targa bar so it's invisible until activated - then it will obnoxiously pulse 4 flashes and then go to solid red when the brakes are applied. It should definitely gets the attention of cell phone yacking, latte swilling, soccer moms in their SUVs. Saw the same deal on the back of a motor cycle cop's bike and it really stands out. Not period but if it saves me from being rear ended, then its cool - besides, I don't have to look at it. Knight Rider Sequential 12 LED Light Bar with Flashing Brake Alert - RED - they have a video of it too - http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 3 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #119

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

what did you do to your 914 today

Drove it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
fteixeira
post Jan 3 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #120

Member No.: 12,754

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Dec 29 2011, 05:33 PM) *

Last weekend: new rear rotors and rear brake pad clearance adjustment. Where can I get the caliper adjustment gear caps with the 4mm allen hex with the copper washer? The original aluminum onse are stripped to hell. I thought I saw someone selling them here at one point... in steel? Eric Shea?

This weekend: bleeding brakes single-handed. No way I'm asking the wife for help (divorce is expensive in California). Wish me luck.

fteixeira

Yep, Eric's got 'em at PMB, super fast shipping with USPS Priority Mail, too. I've just mounted up "speed bleeders", works like a champ.

Well, yesterday, I was able to very effectively bleed the brakes with speed-bleeders in the rear and using a mity-vac on the fronts. Used Pentosin Dot4. Worked very well and I got a good firm brake pedal.

After I put the wheels back on and was ready to take the car off the jack-stands, I noticed some brake-fluid on the ground. Searching like crazy to find the leak, and dang, it turns out its weeping out of the rear-right rubber break-line! Not the connection, but along the rubber line itself! This thing must be ready to pop. Ordered new lines today, and looking forward (not!) to redoing the bleed.... again.

fteixeira
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:31 AM