Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

841 Pages V « < 539 540 541 542 543 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
ConeDodger
post Jul 15 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #10801

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I left a cars and coffee event like I thought I was in a Mustang!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 15 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #10802

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 15 2018, 03:37 PM) *
I left a cars and coffee event like I thought I was in a Mustang!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
How many cars and/or pedestrians did you hit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 16 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #10803

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 14 2018, 01:15 PM) *

Installed the fuel filter and pump into the front trunk so filter changes might be easier. Next will be to cover the new trunk floor board with Perlon and cover the vertical wall

Nice work, Jim. The addition of that pressure gage is a smart idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Jul 16 2018, 08:20 AM
Post #10804

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

Placed a large order from 914Rubber (Windshield chrome trim, Butyl Cord, Windshield to Dash Seal, Windshield setting blocks, Windshield Chrome Retainer Clips, Front trunk plugs set of 9, Eyebrow grommets, Trunk lock gasket, Front Turn Signal Boots, Side marker electrical boots, Outer Door Seals, Sail Vinyl - German reproduction like OEM- Precision cut, Rear Trunk seal set - Upper and lower, Bumper Top Rubber Base Set, early front and rear bumper package) and finished removing what I could from the car for the repaint. Should have it back in about 3 weeks. Will go to the dealer later and order the windshield.

Thank God that my wife loves me and tolerates my car problem ... I mean hobby (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
+Quote Post
troth
post Jul 16 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #10805

Member No.: 20,305
Region Association: None

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 16 2018, 09:44 AM) *

Installed the fuel filter and pump into the front trunk so filter changes might be easier. Next will be to cover the new trunk floor board with Perlon and cover the vertical wall

Nice work, Jim. The addition of that pressure gage is a smart idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I've been wanting to put in a permanent pressure gage, but was afraid the heat and vibration in the engine compartment might not be so good for the gage. I like the idea of putting it in the frunk instead. Your set up is slick, but I'd like to think up something that doesn't require any hole drilling. Hmmmmm...
+Quote Post
troth
post Jul 16 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #10806

Member No.: 20,305

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jul 15 2018, 06:02 PM) *

Sorry I missed you Dr Phil. I'm 30 miles west of Daytona. I will work something out for an event here. As Team NARP I have been board here and it is time to let my (Team Sharp) light shine.
Thanks

Joe, I'm in Gainesville for school during the spring and fall, that can't be too far from you...

Hoping to make it to the 24 in January. I went to Daytona for Rennsport III awhile ago, but have never been to the 24 hours there.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 16 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #10807

QUOTE(troth @ Jul 16 2018, 07:34 AM) *

I've been wanting to put in a permanent pressure gage, but was afraid the heat and vibration in the engine compartment might not be so good for the gage. I like the idea of putting it in the frunk instead. Your set up is slick, but I'd like to think up something that doesn't require any hole drilling. Hmmmmm...

Use a glycerine filled (liquid filled) gage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jul 16 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #10808

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jul 14 2018, 06:02 AM) *

My first hot rod was a Ghia. A '64 that I put 356 Super 90 in. Built the car in '70. Somehow I just can't stop playing with them.
Parked Carerror by the lake today, working in her garage space.

Need to have an event here.

Joe is having his own event there.......

+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 17 2018, 04:45 AM
Post #10809

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Glycerine filled gauge is a must; No holes drilled. The inlet was routed though the hole previously used for the washer tank pressure line from the spare tire. The outlet passes though a hole in my bracket, but then passes through the location of the 1.8L fuel pump location. The blister plate has been removed.
Subsequently, a lean cover is fitted over the entire unit for safety.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 17 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #10810

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Installed a brand new 914Rubber front trunk floorboard. The plywood and Perlon is 1st rate !
I added an APS door pull to lift the board. Next up is new Perlon for the front trunk wall; already test fitted, it’s a better fit than the original (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Nie Zu Alt
post Jul 17 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #10811

Member No.: 4,184
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I started work on the engine bay clean-up. First was the removal of the Dynamat stuck to the firewall. A heat gun, scraper, and two hours later, it is off. What a pain in the butt. I'm glad I removed it as the P.O. applied it over surface rust. Next up is to take it to metal, prime and paint.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Thanks,

Doug
+Quote Post
JFG
post Jul 18 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #10812

Member No.: 19,869

A bit of a list of small jobs today

Ordered my registration plates now that dvla (dmv) have sent me a reg number.

Fitted the passenger door panel and fixings.

colour sanded and polished the passenger door (followed by an extensive clean up of the mess over the rest of the car)

painted some missed bits under the driver side long/door step

Realigned the front bumper bracket as it seemed twisted preventing the bumper lining up properly

The reg plates should take a week to arrive. My goal is to have the car ready to drive the day they arrive. A little over 2 years of work and it's so nearly ready.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 18 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #10813

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 17 2018, 06:45 AM) *

Glycerine filled gauge is a must; No holes drilled. The inlet was routed though the hole previously used for the washer tank pressure line from the spare tire. The outlet passes though a hole in my bracket, but then passes through the location of the 1.8L fuel pump location. The blister plate has been removed.
Subsequently, a lean cover is fitted over the entire unit for safety.

Jim this looks great! The boxster spare looks like it fits perfect as well! not as deep as the space saver! I need to start shopping for one too, but the prices have been going up it seems the parts resellers on ebay are asking more and more for those.
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Jul 18 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #10814

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 12 2018, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 12 2018, 06:51 PM) *
Maybe it’s a 914 Karman thing, but I love Karman Ghias. That would of been a no brainer trade for me. Congrats!!
If I decide to keep the '70 Ghia, I have a spare rebuilt 1720cc type 616 motor I can toss in there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
I have one of those in my other old car, great choice! ~100hp of fury (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 18 2018, 06:25 PM
Post #10815

Finally got around to registering the 1970 red car; 9 months later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 18 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #10816

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

i bought more stuff from 914rubber, i looked at it, oh and i paid for the new front windshield!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 18 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #10817

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

I took delivery of the Wilwood hydraulic cylinders and the mounting bracketry from David Willouby (dwillouby) to eventually do the conversion on the '71 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mailed the title for the 'BB' to Bill (bill1963) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Otherwise, just been cranking away at my den/music studio remodel. Will finish up the drywall tomorrow ...

Attached Image

... then move on to the insulation and drywall installation to finish the old front porch project.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 18 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #10818

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

1st I tipped over a tool box.... made so much noise a few neighbors came outside to see what the ruckus was.

Then I removed some sheet metal from the 914.
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 18 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #10819

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Yes, that old Bridgeport vice took a huge chunk out of my driveway.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Jul 19 2018, 01:00 AM
Post #10820

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 18 2018, 09:51 PM) *

1st I tipped over a tool box.... made so much noise a few neighbors came outside to see what the ruckus was.

Then I removed some sheet metal from the 914.

That's a clean set of holes. It's always been my opinion that RH cuts too much out with no regard for structural integrity.

I might have you beat on garage noise though...
Working on Dads old 73 Chevy truck w/454. Shut if off, ran a little extra long then backfired. Next door neighbor came out with his gun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

841 Pages V « < 539 540 541 542 543 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: KSCarrera

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:23 PM