Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 727 728 729 730 731 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
Shivers
post Jul 12 2021, 05:41 AM
Post #14561

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jul 12 2021, 02:18 AM) *

Doesn't look a day over five. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I must say I am digging the heck out of seeing a 55' Nomad in Germany. Probably not too many, thanks for sharing.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arno914
post Jul 12 2021, 07:33 AM
Post #14562

Member No.: 24,260
Region Association: Germany

I have never seen a lift outdoors before.

I have custom made covers for the lift. Off course in wintertime an outdoor lift somehow sucks. But otherwise it is great for rustproofing, washing and all sorts of "dirty" work. No mess on the garage floor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Jul 12 2021, 12:53 PM
Post #14563

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

Nice to see someone really excited, with covid and all. Sounds like you'll be rolling soon. Congratulations

@shivers Thanks! I am excited. It's been a long road to get here. Still have a bit to do but the finish line is very close
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jul 14 2021, 10:09 AM
Post #14564

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(930cabman @ Jul 7 2021, 03:57 AM) *

QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Jul 6 2021, 10:40 PM) *

First wash
polish and wax of the year

Sweet ride

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Damn that looks good!
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Jul 16 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #14565

Member No.: 20,960
Region Association: Canada

Trying hard to find an oil leak. No luck yet.
Attached Image

Have run it a few times to heat up, no leaks. Leaked a LOT in the car but couldn't see from where!
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 17 2021, 06:51 AM
Post #14566

Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Yesterday drove almost an hour (loved every minute) to let a friend who is both an expert on VW engines and 914 guy judge my tuning job, engine performance and idle and came home with a big grin with his overall A grade.

Put almost 1,500 miles on my 914 in last 6 weeks just cause it's so much fun to drive.

But starter has been failing to engage when real hot - and it's been real hot - so I put in a new starter last night. 20 min. job if you know about upper bolt with nut in engine bay. Happy to have new starter in this heat.

GN
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 17 2021, 08:10 PM
Post #14567

Had new tires put on Mahles and had the Mahles put on the car for the first time today:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1626574242.1.JPG)

Really bad news is on starting the 914 at the tire dealer to come home, the engine began making horrible scraping/rattling noises on the left bank like something let loose inside - broken ring? lifter? I didn't think I'd make it the 11 miles home, but I did. I was sure engine would lock up or blow.

Strange part is there was no effect on engine performance at all.

So no time for nice pics of my 914 with the Mahle's - will dig into what's wrong tomorrow.

Sick. Car was just peaked and running perfectly. Was looking forward to enjoying it the rest of summer.

But looking like a rebuild is ahead - top-end at a minimum........

GN
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jul 17 2021, 08:47 PM
Post #14568

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jul 17 2021, 07:10 PM) *

Had new tires put on Mahles and had the Mahles put on the car for the first time today:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1626574242.1.JPG)

Really bad news is on starting the 914 at the tire dealer to come home, the engine began making horrible scraping/rattling noises on the left bank like something let loose inside - broken ring? lifter? I didn't think I'd make it the 11 miles home, but I did. I was sure engine would lock up or blow.

So no time for nice pics of my 914 with the Mahle's - will dig into what's wrong tomorrow.

Sick. Car was just peaked and running perfectly. Was looking forward to enjoying it the rest of summer.

GN

is the sound/noise from engine? or maybe from suspension after it was lift from tire change or installation of new mahle wheels.
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jul 17 2021, 10:32 PM
Post #14569

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Nice wheels. IMHO the best looking OEM 4 bolt 914 wheels. Actually like them better than the Fuchs...
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 18 2021, 07:01 AM
Post #14570

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 17 2021, 09:47 PM) *

GN

is the sound/noise from engine? or maybe from suspension after it was lift from tire change or installation of new mahle wheels.

Pull the left rear wheel and look.

Like my father once said to me "What was the last thing you F***ED with."

Clay
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 18 2021, 07:27 AM
Post #14571

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Looks very nice. I agree with others; there are no coincidences. Start there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 19 2021, 06:03 AM
Post #14572

Wait til you guys get old.

I had left a wrench in the engine bay several weeks ago. It had fallen down into the fan area - who knows when? Saturday it began hitting the fan and raising holy hell.

Found it with scope, easily reached in with hand and pulled it out.

There are the dumb. There are idiots. There are fools. They have yet to find a category for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Looks like no damage to fan so far. Took car for 25 mile spin in country roads last night and all is well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

GN

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 18 2021, 07:01 AM) *

GN

Clay
+Quote Post
mate914
post Jul 19 2021, 08:00 AM
Post #14573

Matt

Member No.: 10,102
Region Association: North East States

After the Northeast 914 Gathering, and driving into and out of thunderstorms. I put my car in a one bay garage and pulled almost 10 gallons of water out with dehumidifier.
Yes the top was off for most of the rain, but it was a BLAST!!!!
Matt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 19 2021, 09:21 AM
Post #14574

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jul 19 2021, 05:03 AM) *

Wait til you guys get old.

I had left a wrench in the engine bay several weeks ago. It had fallen down into the fan area - who knows when? Saturday it began hitting the fan and raising holy hell.

Found it with scope, easily reached in with hand and pulled it out.

There are the dumb. There are idiots. There are fools. They have yet to find a category for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Looks like no damage to fan so far. Took car for 25 mile spin in country roads last night and all is well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

GN

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 18 2021, 07:01 AM) *

GN

Clay

Don’t feel badly. I changed out the pressure regulator in a parking lot one evening when returning from RRC 2011. I left the old on sitting in the engine bay and when I exited the 15 in Temecula it slid forward, landing in the fan and sheared one blade. I thought I had blown the engine as it was vibrating and had made a noise upon impact. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 19 2021, 07:28 PM
Post #14575

Thanks - 76-914. My #1 problem at 76 (my age) is forgetting where I put things.....usually while I am working with them..........

GN
+Quote Post
g911
post Jul 20 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #14576

Member No.: 5,413
Region Association: None

Installed new battery, installed a missing fuse for the headlights and found the clear plastic cover for the fuse panel in the very back of the glove box and put it back on.
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jul 21 2021, 02:01 PM
Post #14577

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Opened the box of new CV joints from Eric. Look great!
And opened box of the set of Originale books from Porsche Classic. Had never opened the individual ones I got because I didn't want to wreck the paper wrapping... (yeah, I know it's a sickness). Great articles...

Oh yeah, and took the '73 for a ride early before it really heated up.Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Jul 22 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #14578

Member No.: 2,939

I installed the 10mm wheel spacers on the front wheels and took Mistress for a test drive. This has eliminated the slight tire rub inside the wheel well from my 205 x 65 tires on original steel rims without sacrificing any range of turning movement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 22 2021, 12:48 PM
Post #14579

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Jamie @ Jul 22 2021, 12:35 PM) *

I installed the 10mm wheel spacers on the front wheels and took Mistress for a test drive. This has eliminated the slight tire rub inside the wheel well from my 205 x 65 tires on original steel rims without sacrificing any range of turning movement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Where did you get the spacers? @scottthephotog has a rubbing issue on the front of his car and could probably use a set of spacers.

Clay
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Jul 22 2021, 02:32 PM
Post #14580

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 22 2021, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Jul 22 2021, 12:35 PM) *

Where did you get the spacers? @scottthephotog has a rubbing issue on the front of his car and could probably use a set of spacers.

Clay

Wheel spacers came from USWheeladapters.com Phone 877-823-2787 and you might ask for Doug since he's now more familiar with 914 specs. I did need to drill out the spacer lug holes which were too small. Hub diameter opening is 3 1/8" and must be hub centric. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 727 728 729 730 731 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: mate914

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:26 PM